SiouxSports.com Forum

See ya later Matt Greene

pro17

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edmonton Sun Greene Story

"He's done all he's had to do there and if he went back, he'd lose a year of pro development or even a year of playing in the NHL," said Kevin Prendergast, the Oilers' vice-president of hockey operations.

"It would be a big transition for him, but physically he'd be able to handle it. We wouldn't keep him around to be the sixth or seventh defenceman. He'd play a lot wherever we send him."

From my perspective, he's very close to playing at the NHL level," said UND head coach Dave Hakstol, who saw his star get 10 points and a whopping 125 penalty minutes last season.

"I'd hate to see anybody give up their senior year unless it's an ideal situation. If that's the situation, obviously our role is to develop guys to get (them) the opportunity to play in the NHL."

Edmonton Sun

"I'm registered for classes and I've been working out at UND all year. Right now I'm planning on being there," said Greene.

God I hope so...we need you this year Matt. Even if he does decide to go to Edmonton, you really have to appreciate his love for the Fighting Sioux.

This is all an act.  Dont get your hopes up that he will be back.  He is just trying to get more money.  Just like Boechenski did last summer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I mostly agree with that but I doubt Bochenski was registered for classes. I would say in my opinion there is a 1 in 10 chance that he is on the ice for the Sioux this season. Plus after his senior season he will have nowhere else to play so his bargaining position will not be as good. That being said I hope for once a player that everyone thought was gone comes back for another run at the title. Without that experience back there on d it is going to be very difficult to get #8 this year. One experienced player can make a lot of difference in covering up the youth on d. I am not as concerned with the youth at forward as they seem to have an easier transition but if Greene leaves the youth in the defenseman pairings is scary!!

This is all an act.  Dont get your hopes up that he will be back.  He is just trying to get more money.  Just like Boechenski did last summer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I might actually question you on that one, and say that your wrong. Isn't Matt's Parents really pushing him on getting his education. If I am not mistaken isn't one of his parent a professor/employee at Michigan State? My thing is that if he says it lets give him that. It probably is true.

for what it is worth,my sources tell me that he will be gone by the end of the week,its just a matter of finishing the deal,not sure if and when it will be made public but the deal itself should be done by the end of this week, my understanding is he is for sure leaving

....That being said I hope for once a player that everyone thought was gone comes back for another run at the title. 

I believe D Hale had a very good offer after his sophomore year but he returned, almost to his detriment. I think someone here said Matt Jones could have left after his junior year too, but I'm going off what I've read here.

It's not that no one ever comes back, but when you have the big opportunity staring at you it's got to be hard to turn away. And looking at what happened to D Hale his junior year, you can't blame anyone for taking the bird in hand.

for what it is worth,my sources tell me that he will be gone by the end of the week,its just a matter of finishing the deal,not sure if and when it will be made public but the deal itself should be done by the end of this week, my understanding is he is for sure leaving

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well we will see.

my sources are the best 2 words ever invented. i know sources cannot be revealed many times bacuase you don't want to get exposed. i have been in the same boat with some information with the phoenix suns and im not doubting "your sources" at all but just having some fun regarding these 2 important and heavily used words... :D

Well we will see.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my sources are the best 2 words ever invented. i know sources cannot be revealed many times bacuase you don't want to get exposed. i have been in the same boat with some information with the phoenix suns and im not doubting "your sources" at all but just having some fun regarding these 2 important and heavily used words... :D

Now I am confused. I just hope we can have him one more year, but I suppose Matt is in the final days of wearing a UND uniform.

Just a quick thought or two here, 1. There is no doubt in my mind thet Greene has been working out in GF this summer, take that for what it is worth. 2. I would be very suprised to see him in a Sioux jersey next year, again take it for what it is worth but look at all the facts here folks. Nothing is official yet, and whatever he decides will be fine with me, but the next couple years will be great with or without him, it's just some thing that you get used to being a Sioux fan I guess. He's not thefirst one in this situation nor will he be the last. Good luck to you Matt whatever road you choose. You will always be part of the Sioux Family no matter what.