SiouxSports.com Forum

Gopher Recruits

bincitysioux

I also agree with PCM and I Ranger on their comments.  Examining the entire season, I'd say 2003-2004 was more succesful.  In terms of which season I will remember the most, I'd say 2004-2005 surpasses everything I can recall about 2003-2004.  I only wish the Sioux had been able to complete their 1983 NC State or 1985 Villanova - like cinderella run.

I felt as good about the 2004-05 team at the end of the season as if they had won a championship. I will remember them the way I remember the '87 team, '97 team, etc. It guess it depends on how you label success, but in terms of more memorable, I go with the '04-'05 team. It's a shame they finish it off against Denver.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another contribution Zack will make to the program. New Jersey will need one less center, meaning Zajac can stay at UND another year or two.

Mafia man, I get your point, I guess I am responding to more then just your posts, but also other posts ive read and to people you talk to threw out the hockey season.

A little off topic, but points about successful seasons have been made.  So use a real example.

Which Sioux season was more successful as a whole, the '03-'04 WCHA Champs with ZP and Bochenski or the '04-'05 NCAA Finalists?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is a great question. If in 2004 UND was inelligible for the playoffs for some reason, and they had the same team would you have went to the games and followed the season.

Yes, that season and the years in 1998 and 1999 were some of the funnest season to follow in the history of UND hockey. I guess when we hammered Denver 3 times that year it hurt us. Psychologically. No matter what a Coach or captain says its in your head that your gonna win and you dont mentally prepare like you should. As you can probably tell I am still upset about the loss to Denver in 2004.

1999 UND lost only twice in WCHA season. It shows that in one game anything can happen and the best team doesn't always win. Thats one reason why the pro's play a series but hats a topic for another day. I loved watching our teams blow out opponents, those were great seasons. One more question, Is it October yet?

Oh, I almost forgot....Since we are supposed to be talking about Gofer recruits, what the hell happened to Peter Mueller? :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would you want to play somewhere that you will not be noticed due to the hype of a certain other player? Think of it through his eyes. Also, I believe he is getting paid quite well going the route he is.

Oh, I almost forgot....Since we are supposed to be talking about Gofer recruits, what the hell happened to Peter Mueller? :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This might have been mentioned but I think he was going pro. I believe the a professional league in the west.

This might have been mentioned but I think he was going pro. I believe the a professional league in the west.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope. Major Juniors. Everett Silvertips of the WHL (the same league that owns the rights to Jonathon Toews)