SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four Photos

mwade

Okay this is really delayed esp. since I don't have the Worcester Regionals finished, but I had a lot of computer issues and am lazy :-).

Anyway, if any of you are really bored, I finally have all the F4 pictures online including the following that involve the Sioux:

Final

North Dakota vs. Minnesota

North Dakota practice

The new, improved Player Index is also online although it only features players/images from the above games. If you can identify the ?s or correct me where I'm wrong (I tend to go back and forth between guessing wildly and putting ?s wherever I have the slightest doubt), please email me.

Unidentified Sioux

-Melissa

050406-340.jpg

Stafford, ?, Eades

That looks like Fabian to me.

050406-350.jpg

?,?,Genoway

That looks like McMahon, Canady, Genoway to me (McMahon and Genoway in green)

About half-way down the practice set of photo's there's a white jerseyed player. He's looking to his left. It's labeled as Schneider but looks to me like Marvin.

Great pictures. Thanks!

Thanks for taking the time and sharing the great photos!

Looks like quality photos of a quality team, shared with quality fans and taken by a quality fan.

Quality!

Thanks again!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why thanks - are you a Gopher fan too? :-). While I was technically neutral, I'm a BC fan with Minnesota coming second, but I did want you to win the Final. And the photos which I'm working on right now from the UND/BC game suck not because Schneider was a freaking sieve and should have been pulled before I even made it there from Amherst, but because my arm/self was too tired - that was my first time shooting 3 "real" games in one day.

Thanks to everyone for all the i.d.s, I'm going to try to get it all up tonight.

I'm a BC fan with Minnesota coming second,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You may have to duck after admitting that here; ;) Although knocking off the Gophers lessens the impact of losing in the championship game. And beating BU and BC in Beanpot II wasn't half bad either. :glare:

Nice pics

• 2 weeks later...

They are great action shots. Thank you!

A little tough for this Sioux fan to review, however. These are the kind of photos that Denver fans can stare at for hours with gigantic grins, and Sioux fans can curiously wisk through to minimize the pain. It still stings to think about all those shots on goal and nothing goes in. Just like the year prior. I may be completely biased, but I thought NoDak had the overall better play. I know, I know, get over it. Why I'm still wringing my hands over this in June can only be explained by my thick green blood.

I, too, cannot wait for the home series against Denver. I so want to see them embarrassed, just once, to get this bad taste out of my mouth.

Until then, I will reflect fondly on the dominating performance by the Kelly Green against even more bitter rivals UM and BC. Wow. That was some damn good hockey, guys.

taz digs da Sioux

Great shots...thanks for sharing them. What kind of equipment do you have? I have a Maxxum 7D, but my long zoom lenses are slower and I don't get those kind of results...

P.S. - Reviewing the gopher game photos brought back great memories as we declared Columbus a "Rodent Free Zone" at Gordon Biersch...

• 3 weeks later...

I've got UND/BC online now - http://devsrule.com/2005_03/050326/index.html

I got there late (covered the Amherst games first so it was 3-0 when I got there, 4-0 by the time I started shooting).

Haven't finished updating the index, but I only have one UND ? where the kid would be identifiable - http://devsrule.com/2005_03/050326/050326-35.jpg

Happy Fourth!

-Melissa

I've got UND/BC online now - http://devsrule.com/2005_03/050326/index.html

I got there late (covered the Amherst games first so it was 3-0 when I got there, 4-0 by the time I started shooting).

Haven't finished updating the index, but I only have one UND ? where the kid would be identifiable - http://devsrule.com/2005_03/050326/050326-35.jpg

Happy Fourth!

-Melissa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My vote is Mike Prpich on that picture. It either looks like 19 (Prpich) or 13 (Marvin) but I definitely think this is Mike Prpich doing the hitting.

It is Travis Zajac, #15.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. I just saw a shot of Marvin with beard so it is definitely Zajac. I'm having issues FTPing right now so the ? will probably remain until Tuesday when the support people are available, but I've entered it that way on the index. I just screwed up while I was copying over captions for the index by just writing Schneider and Greene instead of Andy S or Cory S and BC Matt or UND Matt so I'm moving a bit slower. Since I need to write a paper that's due tomorrow I am sure to finish this today since I am very good about procrastinating about the important stuff.