SiouxSports.com Forum

Revenge tour 2005

The Commodore

Just wanted to state for the record that with one game left to play, the 2004-2005 Fighting Sioux team has officially ENDED the season for:

Duluth

Wisconsin

Boston University

Boston College

Minnesota

THAT, my friends, is a thing of beauty. The only thing that would make it any better is to add the team that ended our NCAA hopes last year and prevented us from a shot at the Broadmoor Trophy this year... and we get a chance at that tomorrow night! What a season!!

Just wanted to state for the record that with one game left to play, the 2004-2005 Fighting Sioux team has officially ENDED the season for:

Duluth

Wisconsin

Boston University

Boston College

Minnesota

THAT, my friends, is a thing of beauty.  The only thing that would make it any better is to add the team that ended our NCAA hopes last year and prevented us from a shot at the Broadmoor Trophy this year...  and we get a chance at that tomorrow night!  What a season!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One minor correction, Michigan officially ended Bucky's season.

One minor correction, Michigan officially ended Bucky's season.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aw, crap. Forgot about that game as I didn't watch it on TV. Well... 4 out of 5 ain't bad. Apologies (and condolences) to any Bucky or Michigan fans that may be lurking about.

We owe Denver big time, I really think that this team is on a mission. A lot of our guys are just playing like they are possessed. How good is Zajac already, I am really impressed with him and Sparky was just flying up and down the ice. I think it is pretty obvious who is the better player between Zajac and UPChucko. There was that debate last year on POI. The answer is very obvious, Chucko was invisible last night. GO SIOUX, ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it is pretty obvious who is the better player between Zajac and UPChucko. There was that debate last year on POI. The answer is very obvious, Chucko was invisible last night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you listen to the tape of the game between Minnesota and North Dakota in the Final Five, there's a point where Chucko brings the puck in offsides and you can hear Jake Brandt on the Sioux bench yelling, "Chuckooo! Chuckooo! Chuckooo!"

Doug Woug even heard it and mentioned it. :lol:

BTW, was that Jake Brandt you could here on the telecast last night?  At times you could clearly hear someone ridiculing gopher players over the air.  Pretty humorous.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, that is Brandt. I think they control the microphones better so you couldn't hear him the whole game.

I was in a serious of meetings during the semi-final game and had to settle for periodic text message updates from my wife, God bless her. Everytime that little phone shook was another quiet reminder that my Sioux had just popped another one in. :ohmy:

Tonight, I have to settle for HiDef ESPN. I'm thinking the Sioux will bring it all against Denver. I'm so impressed by them. Win or lose, they have certainly been something special in the post season. What a team.

Go Sioux!

We owe Denver big time, I really think that this team is on a mission. A lot of our guys are just playing like they are possessed.  How good is Zajac already, I am really impressed with him and Sparky was just flying up and down the ice. I think it is pretty obvious who is the better player between Zajac and UPChucko. There was that debate last year on POI. The answer is very obvious, Chucko was invisible last night. GO SIOUX, ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really don't even remember hearing his name mentioned more than once.

So are we playing any better than we were when we saw Denver in the final 5? We had Lameriux (sp) in net he had a good game. And we beat Minn by the same score the next night as we just did thursday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the Sioux are playing better. Plus, unlike the last time UND played DU, the Sioux come into the championship game rested and with their entire roster healthy (more or less). I also think they've gained a lot of confidence since that game in their ability to score against top goalies. The Sioux power play is better and so is their penalty killing.

If Steve Piotrowski refs the game rather than Matt Shegos, who I thought was awful in the DU-CC game, I think it helps the Sioux.

If Steve Piotrowski refs the game rather than Matt Shegos, who I thought was awful in the DU-CC game, I think it helps the Sioux.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Since it's two WCHA teams playing the NCAA has decided to let Don Adam ref the game tonight. They're confident he will do a good job. :ohmy::D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree with that; I thought SHegos was awful in the games in Worcester (SIoux/BU and Sioux/BC), and even worse in the Denver/CC game. I've seen more than enough of him in the post season.

Agree with that; I thought SHegos was awful in the games in Worcester (SIoux/BU and Sioux/BC), and even worse in the Denver/CC game. I've seen more than enough of him in the post season.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Apparently the CCHA thinks he is one of their best officials. I think he is everything that College hockey doesn't need. Lots of penatlies and taking the physical play away from the game. In other words; in layman terms he sucks.

I think I would rather see Sheppard than this clown. I am sure UND will get screwed and we will be rewarded with Shegos.

Apparently the CCHA thinks he is one of their best officials. I think he is everything that College hockey doesn't need. Lots of penatlies and taking the physical play away from the game. In other words; in layman terms he sucks.

I think I would rather see Sheppard than this clown. I am sure UND will get screwed and we will be rewarded with Shegos.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As much as his history seems to be sordid, I think Piotrowski would be a great omen to the Sioux. He really let us play on Thursday.

Duluth

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If anybody had to end our season, I'm glad it was the Sioux. I was a bit angry at the time about the way we went out...but it has now become clear that the Sioux are a hot team on a mission, and they have sent 3 other teams out in equally lopsided fashion.

As much as his history seems to be sordid, I think Piotrowski would be a great omen to the Sioux. He really let us play on Thursday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just wanted to say that I stand by this even though the outcome wasn't what I wanted. Piotrowski has to work harder than that to screw a game as well as Adam or Anderson.

According to their fans, I thought the Sioux are the classiest team in the nation ???

And how would this change anything? You think gopher players don't talk smack to other teams?

Oh, yeah. That's right, I remember now. I remember Lucia's quote "It seems whenever anyone is smack talking on the ice, North Dakota's involved."

???