SiouxSports.com Forum

Heads up Paukovich

Marty

Also if the UND players decide to kick Jeff's @$$ they are stooping to that Goon's thuggish level. However, I hate Denver with a passion because they have committed classless act after classless acts all season, they are a bunch of hacks and I think their coach condones a lot of this crap.

Look at the Rookie I don't remember his name, was skating towards the goal on a break away, mind you his team is way ahead in the game and this punk is trying to rub it in with a circus move/goal. This is the reason I hate DU with passion. I want to See UND shut their mouths for them, the best way to do it is to beat them BAST@RD at their own tricks...

In INCH's Notebook on the Denver/CC game they mention how Gwoz was so ticked and ranted after that shot by Dingle that Matt Laatsch said he left the bench area to get away. Too bad Gwoz wasn't that upset by the Bina hit. I know, I've defended Gwoz by saying it is possible he didn't actually see the hit himself. Could be true. But was surprised to see that he was that upset about some showing-off compared to the dangerous hit to Bina.

Look at the Rookie I don't remember his name, was skating towards the goal on a break away, mind you his team is way ahead in the game and this punk is trying to rub it in with a circus move/goal. This is the reason I hate DU with passion. I want to See UND shut their mouths for them, the best way to do it is to beat them BAST@RD at their own tricks...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To be fair, that player must have gotten ripped on by the coaches and/or teammates. You could tell from the look on the face that he did not receive the support he expected.

The Sioux are better than that, and besides, walking away with a National Championship in a year that Denver should win is better punishment than anything else.

I still wouldn't wanna be Pauko with Matt Greene on the ice, but I don't wanna see anything that isn't within the rules of hockey.

Well, anything that's more than a 2 minute minor anyway. :ohmy:

Fight on Sioux!

So I'm sitting here reading all this stuff, in this thread and in others, about how someone needs to take Pauko out or "Meet Matt Greene" or stuff like that. Well what happened to instant retalliation in a game. What stopped any of our boys from beating the crap out of this kid when it happened at the Final 5 ? Why do we have wait until "next year" or do it in the most important game of the season. I was at that Final 5 game and I think Pauko's ice time after that hit was pretty limited, but I'm sure he was able to get a few more shifts in during that game, since the injury happened in the 2nd period I think. What was our response during that game, someone slammed a stick against the penalty box glass :ohmy: ? But hey, don't get me wrong here, I'm all for seeing a guy in green go toe to toe, man to man(questionable) with Pauko, but no cheap hit is going to make any of this situation better.

I would love to be in the locker room just before the Sioux take the ice saturday night. Their going to be like a runaway train when the puck drops. All the DU players are going to take punishment, just two much motivation for the men in green. Play 60 min's, bring the hurt, stay out of the box, tape to tape,puck in net.

HOIST THE HARDWARE BABY!

For the record, I stayed to watch the hand shake line after the game and it did look like Paukovich was a bit hesitant to do it, but in the end the Sioux players all shook his hand just like any other DU guy. Thought that was some character on the part of our team in that situation....

Any thoughts on a different outcome to the game if UND would've had Bina or DU was without Punkovich? Would it have helped us score a few more goals?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Having Bina on the second unit power play sure would have helped. Having Brady Murray would have helped, too.