SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four nerves

U2Bad1

Yep, I'm with you.

I think what else has me down is that there are only 3 games left. No NHL playoffs that last for half the summer, etc. No hockey until next October. Seems like forever away.

You guys need to relax. The Sioux have been there before and will be there again. They are playing an opponent they know they can beat, but certainly could lose if the Gophers make a few breaks.

The time for nerves is when clinging to a late third period one goal lead or heading into the inevitible OT. :lol:

I'm a 'newbie' so I'm nervous. Haven't figured out how to be calm and collected through all this excitement. I think it has something to do with pretending to be the hockey 'expert' in the family. :lol:

I've been nervous for awhile now. I live on the Iron Range so I have a lot of Goofer fans ready to chomp in my ear if they should somehow win. They been talking a lot of trash and I have kept my mouth shout so far so I hope I will be able to run my mouth a little after Thursday.

I've been nervous for awhile now.  I live on the Iron Range so I have a lot of Goofer fans ready to chomp in my ear if they should somehow win.  They been talking a lot of trash and I have kept my mouth shout so far so I hope I will be able to run my mouth a little after Thursday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Range if full of Gopher fans...really? I'm from there, so I can relate. Of course, I'm from a town that's ready to jump on the UMD train due to Matt Niskanen.

not sure whos nervous, myself , no, all of my gopher friends back in msp that usually would call asap with some sort of bet on the game, YES...had to squeeze a bet out of one of my fiends who is usually game for any type of bet but the rest are MIA!!! kind of funny..oh well..go sioux and beat the damn gophers!!!!!!!!!!!

I am confident in a Sioux victory, I think a lot of the nervousness for me comes from the fact that there could be no worse way to get knocked out than by the dirty rodents. Their fans would be mouthing off all summer and into next year. For me there would be nothing better than ending the Goofers season and sending them home for the summer. If we play smart and stay DISCIPLINED, I think we will prevail.

Reasons to NOT be nervous:

Ask yourself who played better hockey down the stretch especially in the playoffs?

Which team is struggling to score goals?

Which team has question marks in goal?

which team has a distraction (Hirsh) and which team has a major motivaiton (Bina)?

I think that these issues will result in a North Dakota victory, even with the factor of a layoff supposedly cooling off the Sioux and helping the Gophers.

I'm starting to get nervous.

I can handle getting beat, but not by the gophers.

Regardless of what 5 Hole had to say, you never know what is going to happen when these 2 teams meet. You just never know.

I'll have so much energy tomorrow I wish I'd be at the game. A bit easier to blow off steam when you are there live and not at your buddy's house trying not to scare the 2 babies.

Reasons to NOT be nervous:

Ask yourself who played better hockey down the stretch especially in the playoffs?

Which team is struggling to score goals?

Which team has question marks in goal?

which team has a distraction (Hirsh) and which team has a major motivaiton (Bina)?

I think that these issues will result in a North Dakota victory, even with the factor of a layoff supposedly cooling off the Sioux and helping the Gophers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with all your points and will once again draw your attention to stats that provide an indicator as to how the four teams in the Frozen Four have been playing in post-season.

Before anyone bashes me, yes, I know the stats mean nothing. That's why the games are played.

All I'm saying is that based on how the Sioux have performed in the playoffs, I like their chances against Minnesota and I wouldn't bet against them if they play Denver or CC.

I agree with all your points and will once again draw your attention to stats that provide an indicator as to how the four teams in the Frozen Four have been playing in post-season.

Before anyone bashes me, yes, I know the stats mean nothing. That's why the games are played.

All I'm saying is that based on how the Sioux have performed in the playoffs, I like their chances against Minnesota and I wouldn't bet against them if they play Denver or CC.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bite your tongue PCM, stats are very useful. The question that will be answered Thursday is a classic recent trend vs. larger sample size question. :lol:

I really think this game will be decided by at what point the Sioux wear down the Gophers and take over. If the Gophers can get a two goal lead and control play through two periods (they easily could have had this in St. Paul), I like their chances to hold on. If the Sioux stay even or have the lead going into the third they will likely cruise like they did in St. Paul.

Nobody should worry about the Sioux cooling off. They will bring a great effort. UNH is the only team I can remember recently who hasn't showed up for Frozen Four games.

Sorry to start another topic.. but who in here is starting to get nervous? I don't know what I am more nervous about, losing in general or losing to the stinking gophers!!!! Does anybody else feel the same way?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wasn't nervous until you asked. I think everyone might be on pins and needles wondering if I am leaving. :lol:

Ahhhh, so some of you that signed up early on are really going but didn't add to my list! I'll take that personally and expect a beer from everyone that shows up that isn't on the list! :lol:

Stack Hyatt, Downtown 4

Siouxbear Holiday Inn, Downtown 4

Siouxnami Fairfield 2

Schmitzzz Red Roof 2

LETSGOSIOUX Holiday Inn West 4

Supertrex Doubletree 3

amn5hol Staybridge 3

schmidtdoggydog Holiday Inn, Downtown 5

teamsioux Holiday Inn, Downtown 2

hockey10 Courtyard 6

cfm567b27 Private home 2

NorthDakotaHockey Holiday Inn West 3

SFSIOUX1 Holiday Inn West 2

CVCL Crowne Plaza 7

Cheeringsiouxfromsmoggycali Crowne Plaza 4

Terbele 4

AZSIOUX 6

MN_Sioux 4

Erick 4

Petey23 1

Forecheck 2

Sweeney 4

OETKB

Mafiaman

Cratter

Jk

LB#11

:lol: I have been nervous since Sunday, and can't wait to get this show on the road. I am not nervous about the Sioux, but rather the goofers.

Since I believe that this team has shown nothing but class and solid effort since at least the Wisconsin series, if not before, here are my priorities for the Forzen Four.

1. Goofers LOSE!!!! Big time, small margin, OT, whatever; they have to lose

2. Sioux win #8 - I feel very good about their chances, but even if #8 doesn't happen, I will remember this time forever. Given what they have gone through, they have nothing left to prove. While we Sioux fans would surely enjoy #8, getting it would be for this team, including Murray, Bina, and Kaip.

3. DU joins goofers in watching the Sioux get #8 on Saturday night.

Fighting Sioux Forever

Thank you sagard for a reasonable outlook from outside the green and white dome.

To answer the question, yes, yes I am nervous.

Though sagard is right, that neither team will be a stranger to the frozen four for the near future, I can't help but be nervous.

The gophers have a tendency to play well against the Sioux and vice versa.

The 6-0 loss was the first Sioux-Gopher game I've ever witnessed in which only one team was playing well of the two. And no, I'm not saying that a Sioux win is the only time the Sioux are playing well.

:lol: I have been nervous since Sunday, and can't wait to get this show on the road.  I am not nervous about the Sioux, but rather the goofers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ever since the gophers got lucky versus Cornell, i have been. nervous There is no way a team should win in overtime 2 days in a row by getting 3 goals!!!!. but anyway i would rather be a Sioux fan right now than a gopher fan coming into this game. I just like our chances. :D

I am just glad to still be watching Sioux hockey at this time of the year. It's all bonus hockey at this time. There is nothing better than watching Sioux hockey, no matter what game it is.

After this weekend's high it will be really tough to go cold turkey without any NHL hockey to tide me over.

Well up to this point, it has been a very succesful season and post season, and any team out there sitting at home would love to say they made it to the Frozen Four. I just think that losing to the Goofers would make everyone including myself forget how good it has been up to this point. Sure would be nice to get #8 this weekend, and I think we can do it. And another thing, this place is going to suck on Friday if the Goofers happen to beat us. The Skippy horn won't stop going off. I would hope they would just stay away and let us sit around depressed without rubbing any salt in the wound, and I would hope any Sioux fans out there would do the same and stay away from GoofersSuckLive, after we win. Go Sioux!!!!!