SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four Signs

siouxyeahyeah

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....Why so mad? Your team are the 2005 NCAA Men's D-I Hockey Champions...I'd be a lot happier if it were my team....!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where was that ever posted that we are declaring ourselves the 2005 NCAA Champions? Hell, we're the #2 seed amongst #1 seeds. We're the underdogs.

Not that any of you care, but feel free to rip Hirsch now. He met with the media, offered no explanation and is playing again. I sort of thought he owed some form of explanation since it was such a public dispaly. I still love the kid, but can't get mad when people razz him anymore.

Not that any  of you care, but feel free to rip Hirsch now. He met with the media, offered no explanation and is playing again. I sort of thought he owed some form of explanation since it was such a public dispaly. I still love the kid, but can't get mad when people razz him anymore.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about a box of Fruit Loops cereal with Hirsch's face in place of Toucan Sam..? ;)

Personally I think it is bush league to have any signs making fun of Hirsh's situation if he is actually suffering from a mental illness. To me, it is no different if DU fans had signs making fun of Bina's injury.

If, on the other hand, his display was due to immaturity and not mental illness, then the sign ideas are great. ;)

Personally I think it is bush league to have any signs making fun of Hirsh's situation if he is actually suffering from a mental illness.  To me, it is no different if DU fans had signs making fun of Bina's injury. 

If, on the other hand, his display was due to immaturity and not mental illness, then the sign ideas are great.  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If anyone else is going to post this same thing that has been said 30 times please just put DITTO We all feel the same way.

how about this one:

"Guns don't crash into nets after games, Hirsch does"

Not that any  of you care, but feel free to rip Hirsch now. He met with the media, offered no explanation and is playing again. I sort of thought he owed some form of explanation since it was such a public dispaly. I still love the kid, but can't get mad when people razz him anymore.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I care. I look forward to your hockey comments after this series as well.

Where was that ever posted that we are declaring ourselves the 2005 NCAA Champions? Hell, we're the #2 seed amongst #1 seeds. We're the underdogs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A team with 10 seniors and who won their regional by a touchdown is underdogs?

;)

Actually, not to spoil anyone's great times here, but I think we should hold off on the signs about Hirsch. There are much funnier and more poignant signs to be made.

Trust me, the 800# gorilla UMn hockey moms will come at you like they're Hulk Hogan and you're the Ultimate Warrior. I know it happened to me.

I feel as if the situation is volatile. Yes we could make signs and think of a hundred great things to say, but...

Since we get no respect in the way of a formal reason for Tyler's actions, any signs would be premature and show a lack ofclass in the eyes of the public and they in turn would give us no respect. This is something I for one don't want reflected on UND.

My real opinion on the matter follows this but I will still make no signs about him.

I think that Tyler had severe frustration and acted out. You can base it out of 'psyche' problems, religious reasons, or arrogance. We've been given little if any clue as to what it really was. Therefore, if it is any of the three reasons I've mentioned, Tyler shouldn't be able to play the rest of the season and here's why.

1. 'psyche' problems - It takes longer than a couple of weeks to get through something like this. In addition, someone close to me once went through a breakdown and one of the first things they need to do is lessen the stress generators. Obviously, hockey is one of them for Tyler.

2. religious reasons - This boy is what 18? He's in the top eschelon of hockey players in the nation. You don't get there overnight. This is something that should've been worked out by now. If not, why do the ethics/morals/convictions change in two weeks so Lucia can allow him to play? or his family for that matter.

3. arrogance - I think most of us would agree that this type of personality can be beneficial in hockey some times. It produces drive, determination, conviction , and a multitude of other positive results. Arrogance on a team however is something else. If arrogance caused the event, disrespect was not only shown to his teamates but his fans as well. If the event was in fact caused by this and was an error in judgement, all can be forgiven. Actually, we need to forgive this act and look for Tyler to deal with his demons. But, to put yourself above others and assume that anyplace is your forum for personal expression, you're fooling yourself.

I won't make signs about him and I'm sure everyone can come up with something better.

Actually, not to spoil anyone's great times here, but I think we should hold off on the signs about Hirsch.  There are much funnier and more poignant signs to be made. 

Trust me, the 800# gorilla UMn hockey moms will come at you like they're Hulk Hogan and you're the Ultimate Warrior.  I know it happened to me.

I feel as if the situation is volatile.  Yes we could make signs and think of a hundred great things to say, but...

Since we get no respect in the way of a formal reason for Tyler's actions, any signs would be premature and show a lack ofclass in the eyes of the public and they in turn would give us no respect.  This is something I for one don't want reflected on UND. 

My real opinion on the matter follows this but I will still make no signs about him.

I think that Tyler had severe frustration and acted out.  You can base it out of 'psyche' problems, religious reasons, or arrogance.  We've been given little if any clue as to what it really was.  Therefore, if it is any of the three reasons I've mentioned, Tyler shouldn't be able to play the rest of the season and here's why.

1.  'psyche' problems - It takes longer than a couple of weeks to get through something like this.  In addition, someone close to me once went through a breakdown and one of the first things they need to do is lessen the stress generators.  Obviously, hockey is one of them for Tyler.

2.  religious reasons - This boy is what 18?  He's in the top eschelon of hockey players in the nation.  You don't get there overnight.  This is something that should've been worked out by now.  If not, why do the ethics/morals/convictions change in two weeks so Lucia can allow him to play?  or his family for that matter.

3.  arrogance - I think most of us would agree that this type of personality can be beneficial in hockey some times.  It produces drive, determination, conviction , and a multitude of other positive results.  Arrogance on a team however is something else.  If arrogance caused the event, disrespect was not only shown to his teamates but his fans as well.  If the event was in fact caused by this and was an error in judgement, all can be forgiven.  Actually, we need to forgive this act and look for Tyler to deal with his demons.  But, to put yourself above others and assume that anyplace is your forum for personal expression, you're fooling yourself.

I won't make signs about him and I'm sure everyone can come up with something better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Given the three options above, I hope it's arrogance...Him being frustrated and acting like a little b*ch is probably a lot easier to deal with than any long term mental illnesses. The way he acted on the news last night made me think that he's embarassed for what transpired and that he wants people to forget the incident. Growing up will take of that problem, anthing else I'll leave in the hands of the experts. (and not the "experts" on this board ;) )

Guys, Why not just go with a simple lifesized cardboard cutout of Carl Spacker from CaddyShack?? That way whatever hack jobs that get to announce the game for ESPN can do their best Caddyshack lines about how they want to kill all the Golfers. ;):0 They'll have to come up with something to talk about being there is no Eastern teams there right?? ;););)

I'm going to bring the M E D I O C R E ! signs. I just hope the people sitting next to me are all Sioux fans and will hold up the signs. Each letter is a sign. I'll also make and bring a sign that someone else posted, the milk cartons with the east schools logo. I'm coming on Al's bus so hopefully we'll be sitting together. I'm also thinking of making a sign that says "This Sioux's for you CC" for the afternoon game.

Say Big.. mind if I make of poster of your sign? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let me redo it and spend more than 5 minutes on it.

Unless of you were planning on redoing it anyway. But if you were planning on just printing what I had already done, I'll redo it and make it better.

I'll probably add all the other conference logos, as well.

Let me redo it and spend more than 5 minutes on it.

Unless of you were planning on redoing it anyway. But if you were planning on just printing what I had already done, I'll redo it and make it better.

I'll probably add all the other conference logos, as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great, I'll wait for your finished creation.