SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four Signs

siouxyeahyeah

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good one :) That's about as good as this sign: "Hey Bina, Hows the view from the Hospital bed" or if we happen to lose to the Gophers there can be this sign " Hey Bina, aren't the Gophers a pain in the neck". My point is is that it is fun to have tasteful signs but when you have a sign that attacks a individual (Hirsch or Bina) that goes to far. I'm sure Sioux fans would not want negative signs directed towards Bina just like Gopher fans would not want negative signs about Hirsch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They performed surgery on Hirsch last week? :D

I think the best would be a picture of Paukovich and a picture of Micahel Jackson with "Simliarities" written below and in big letters "Both hit MEN from behind"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cept jackson isn't men, and you don't wanna say boys cuz robbie isn't a little boy........

Good one :) That's about as good as this sign: "Hey Bina, Hows the view from the Hospital bed" or if we happen to lose to the Gophers there can be this sign " Hey Bina, aren't the Gophers a pain in the neck". My point is is that it is fun to have tasteful signs but when you have a sign that attacks a individual (Hirsch or Bina) that goes to far. I'm sure Sioux fans would not want negative signs directed towards Bina just like Gopher fans would not want negative signs about Hirsch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe you should stay away from the chemicals in the shed. You obviously have some cognitive deficits. Hirsch has not said he has any mental problems, so he could have done something stupid or have problems with discipline. That type of behavior can be ridiculed.

Untill we know what was behind Hirsch's actions, I wouldn't make fun of it. IF the kid did have a breakdown, that's nothing to poke fun at.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with that, to a point. I'm not going to wait forever for the information to come. In this case I think people have a right to know. I am all for privacy, but players, workers, and fans can be at risk with him. Most people with psychological problems are not harmless, but the risk increases when people feel in danger. In a hockey game setting, he is likely to feal some threats. Maybe it was his first time, maybe someone exploited a known condition, maybe he got off his meds, etc. I just want the facts. I don't condone anyone running in either direction with his actions, but I also think people need to allow small comments as we wait (maybe forever) to hear the facts.

Careful.  Careful.  Careful.

I'd be careful about any signs about Hirsch.  You might have a 800 lb. UMn gorilla hockey mom come down and acoste you. 

Just a warning though.  I think this one was a great sign at the WCHA FF, IMO;

MOST DRAMATIC

goal of tourney:

HIRSCH'S

empty netter.

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was there first hand to witness this. Pretty crazy stuff. What did that sign say, that the gorilla took from you ?

It's more like:

University of Minnesota grad-- "Would you like... what do I say again?"

NDSU grad-- "...fries with that, Would you like fries with that!"

That is much too long for a sign though and nobody in the country knows who NDSU is!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, how many times have I heard someone on here make referrence to an anouncer they heard, screwing up and saying "North Dakota State" when referring to the Sioux ? Not looking to start a war folks....(laying low.....as low as my big self can... :) )

I get a kick out of all these Sioux fans that are looking passed the Gophers and assuming its a foregone conclusion......Thats fine...make your little signs, plan your road trips, and book your hotel rooms for Saturday night..... Good luck against Den/CC.....I guess there's always next year for us...

I get a kick out of all these Sioux fans that are looking passed the Gophers and assuming its a foregone conclusion......Thats fine...make your little signs, plan your road trips, and book your hotel rooms for Saturday night..... Good luck against Den/CC.....I guess there's always next year for us...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why did it take you so long to figure that out?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I get a kick out of stupid trolls. Actually I don't, so leave.

....Why so mad? Your team are the 2005 NCAA Men's D-I Hockey Champions...I'd be a lot happier if it were my team....!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Got yourself a woodie there Duh-ey? Time to go, your momma's ringing the homework bell. Wait, what you're probably hearing is the buzzer at the Burger King drive-thru. Get back to work and stop daydreaming about wishing that you were a Sioux fan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fine, I will reply since they don't plan on banning you. You are first upset that we are making plans for the weekend. That is horrible of us and we should really be practicing for the game. Second, if you look at the signs they are about the Gophers and the loser from DU. If we were looking past you, we would have a lot of CC and DU signs to go. Third, we are hockey fans that plan to watch all of the games. Just because your bandwagon will be gone on Friday if the Gophers lose, it doesn't mean the world won't go on. It would be just horrible to watch a game that didn't involve the Gophers. Your statements only support why everyone hates Gopher fans. At least with the Minnesota rule you get the late game on Thursday so all the bandwagons can get there in time. Now if your team is so great, go to their website.

Untill we know what was behind Hirsch's actions, I wouldn't make fun of it. IF the kid did have a breakdown, that's nothing to poke fun at.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If he did indeed have a nervous breakdown, I question the wisdom of having him play so soon. Although i'm no mental health professional, I've had a close family member have one and she took much longer than a week and a half to come to an emotional level of just dealing with day to day issues, let alone the pressures of a national championship run. And I pray for his recovery. However, if he just tweaked after losing a hockey game, The kid is very immature. I've seen squirts and peewees throw fits after a loss, but never a kid at the A bantam level or older.

If he did indeed have a nervous breakdown, I question the wisdom of having him play so soon. Although i'm no mental health professional, I've had a close family member have one and she took much longer than a week and a half to come to an emotional level of just dealing with day to day issues, let alone the pressures of a national championship run. And I pray for his recovery. However, if he just tweaked after losing a hockey game, The kid is very immature. I've seen squirts and peewees throw fits after a loss, but never a kid at the A bantam level or older.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am also concerned about them letting him come back so soon after that outburst - assuming he does have a problem (though after viewing the clip I can't see how he doesn't - the display he put on suggests serious issues that could be dangerous if left unresolved). These things take weeks at best to cure - often it is several months before a patient feels "normal." Altogether its a scary thing.