SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 NHL Entry Draft

I don't know about you guys, but I frickin' love the NHL draft. We've got some potential first rounders, too!

Do Boisvert and Emery get picked in round 1? Whom else gets picked?? Does Liver get a pick on his last go around?

Here are UND's guys to watch for:

F Sacha Boisvert (2024 recruit), first or second round
D E.J. Emery (2024), first or second round
F Will Zellers (2025), mid-rounds
F Mac Swanson (2024), mid-to-late rounds
D Sam Laurila (2025), late rounds or undrafted
D Jake Livanavage, late rounds or undrafted
G Caleb Heil (2025 or 2026), late rounds or undrafted
F Carson Pilgrim (2025 or 2026), late rounds or undrafted
D Keith McInnis (2025 or 2026), late rounds or undrafted

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Just saw a "report" on Mac going in the third round. Would love that, but it felt like a fan blog.

I recently saw a mock from an internet scout that had him going late second. But third isn’t out of the question. But more likely 5-7.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

I recently saw a mock from an internet scout that had him going late second. But third isn’t out of the question. But more likely 5-7.

Definitely not out of the question. He's got elite playmaking ability. I just don't think he's getting picked before the 5th. I hope I'm wrong. He's clearly done well carrying a massive chip on his shoulder with that small frame of his ;)

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Definitely not out of the question. He's got elite playmaking ability. I just don't think he's getting picked before the 5th. I hope I'm wrong. He's clearly done well carrying a massive chip on his shoulder with that small frame of his ;)

Typically if you are smaller and don't have elite skating ability, getting drafted high would be an exception, but who knows there could be a team or two that values hockey sense and think that minor skating issues could be overcome.  We saw teams try to sign Kawaguchi, even though I had misgivings about him making the NHL without elite skating ability.  Hopefully he gets someone to believe in him, and if not, I certainly would take a 4-year Kawaguchi type career at UND. 

What a day for our program. I love hearing the analysts talk about UND as a hockey factory. 

Plus, Emery to my Rangers!!! I'm so pumped. Get that dirty JT Miller taste out of my mouth after more than a decade.