SiouxSports.com Forum

GAMEDAY SIOUX VS BU

AZSIOUX

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game! Having Thorne and Clement call the game was just a nice bonus to a great, grind-it-out effort by the Sioux.

Between periods, they had a real hokey "meet the Sioux" kind of thing with Jordan, Quinn and Spirko. Sparky said his parents haven't seen him play hockey in two years, but he was going to take a bunch of dvds home with him so they could catch up on his play.

I hope he takes this game with him. In fact I hope the whole team can watch the replay and listen to the high praise both Thorne and Clement laid on the Sioux.

How much better would FSSN broadcasts be with a pair like these two instead of Howdy Doody and Biff the Sock Puppet?

It was an honest question.  I knew they said it on FSN, so I was curious if the BU announcers also said it.  From what people are saying on here, it didn't sound like the BU announcers would say anything remotely nice about UND.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually I was wondering if some people were watching a different broadcast than I was, because I never heard some of these comments that people are talking about on here. Bill (was it Bill?) couldn't quit talking about the 2 "oak trees" on the Sioux team. I thought they were actually quite complimentary of the Sioux.

I've never had a signature before, but if someone who taped the game can nail down Clement's exact quote about the Sioux defense, I might have to put it there. Something like, "No team in the NHL is as tough from the blue line in as North Dakota." High praise.

The game reminded me a lot of the Maine and Michigan State semifinal wins a few years ago. Get a lead and then play "perfect" (farce) "textbook" (PCM) hockey. Very impressive. The Sioux will play some team(s) that are better than they are, and may win or lose, but it's hard to argue against the position that they are playing as well as they can right now.

I alternated between Hennessy and the ESPN announers. Did Bill and Gary ever say anything about how banged up the Sioux were? I never heard them mention it when I listened to them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not really. When Smaby took the boarding penalty in the first, they quickly mentioned Bina. Travis Roy also wished Bina well. Not one word about Murray or Prpich during the entire broadcast. Though, with the way Prpich played, he didn't seem injured.

Killing all 10 power plays is perfect, but I don't know about getting those 10 penalties. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Congratulations Sioux. I wish I could have seen that game.

If I'm not mistaken you got CCHA refs tonight, didn't you? From what we've been hearing all year, I was expecting that we'd see a lot more penalties than we've been used to in the WCHA.

The way your Sioux are playing right now, there's no limit to where they can go in the NCAA.

Not really. When Smaby took the boarding penalty in the first, they quickly mentioned Bina. Travis Roy also wished Bina well. Not one word about Murray or Prpich during the entire broadcast. Though, with the way Prpich played, he didn't seem injured.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Someone did talk about Murray being out for the season, but I think it was Jerry York when they showed his interview about North Dakota between the second and third period. He mentioned that Murray was one of the best players when the Sioux played BC at the end of the year, although he's out with a shoulder injury now.

I think if the depleted lineup was overlooked, it was only because the players that are getting ice time now are playing so well as a team, so the lineup doesn't look depleted when you watch them play. At the beginning of the year, no one would exactly be thrilled about a Massen/Canady/Fabian line, and now they're one of most solid lines for the Sioux.

Not only did Thorne/Clement continuously compliment, and, well, rave about Greene and Jones, Clement is absolutely in love with Matt Smaby. He talked about Matt's size, speed and immense reach.

As I said, I think the whole team needs to listen to this broadcast...but not until after they finish with a little business in Columbus in a couple of weeks. :)

Someone did talk about Murray being out for the season, but I think it was Jerry York when they showed his interview about North Dakota between the second and third period.  He mentioned that Murray was one of the best players when the Sioux played BC at the end of the year, although he's out with a shoulder injury now. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Was it just my tv, or does Jerry York sound an awful lot like Elmer Fudd? :)

Great game. I had to watch it on tape. Didn't know the outcome beforehand.

Boston U did a great job of hassling the Sioux players trying to bring up the puck.

Sioux just fantastic cycling, and taking advantage of their opportunities. Maybe all but one. How did Porter NOT get that shot off faster??

Such a great game by many players on the team. Hard to single anyone out.

Was fun to hear the game called by Thorne and Clement. Hopefully the Sioux will have a chance to have them call more than one more game....