SiouxSports.com Forum

Hakstol on the radio

PCM

Dave Hakstol was on the radio this morning with Tim Hennessy and Scott Swygman. Here's a summary of the discussion:

DH: We played very well. It sure would have been nice to get a bounce and get the overtime win. All in all, it was a good weekend.

SS: I was impressed how you dominated third periods against Denver and Minnesota

DH: It shows that the guys are in good shape. They

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's going on; is this elite 8 bb week at the REA? Stinks that an NCAA hockey team can't use their ice to practice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

100MM hockey arena, and the f*****g basketball team is using it. Pisses me off. :lol:

Anyway... thanks for the recap PCM.

teams using it aren't even the Sioux!  8 Teams from who knows where.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't even think about that... bunch of poop, IMO.

To get the thread back... it sounds like official word will be made later today on Bina. I hope the news is good!

There is also going to be big anti-Sioux name rally at the REA during the bouncy ball tourny ;) This is just what the players need to prepare for the NCAA's - getting kicked out of their own building by a bunch of DII BB schools and getting harrassed by a bunch of damn hippies :lol:

The outlook for Bina is pretty good - health wise, but I can't imagine he will ever be able to play a contact sport like hockey again. :D

I just looked on the REA site- the only school I've ever heard of for the BB tourny is Findlay, and the only reason for that is they used to have a D1 hockey team. I guess I've heard of Metro State before - there is one in Minny and one in Detroit (probably more than that), I would guess this is the Detroit one. I can't imagine they would have more people than the Betty can hold for any of the games.

Basketball, a sport invented by Winnipeg native Dr Naismith while he was teaching at a Massachusetts private school so that the girls at the school could have a sport to play too.  Get out of our Hockey rink!  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No kidding, Ralph did not build the arena for basketball. That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of that the Sioux can not even practice on their home ice for the most important game/s of the year. Get basketball out of the Ralph for good!!!!!!!!!!! The ice will be much better as well w/out basketball.

This is just what the players need to prepare for the NCAA's - getting kicked out of their own building by a bunch of DII BB schools and getting harrassed by a bunch of damn hippies :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Another non starter here. The name change people need to go away. The traveling bunch of thugs/hippies that are protesting the name have no power and should simply be ignored. Howevedr, I suppose the Grand Forks Fish Wrapper will probably give them enough attention and give them props of a full page story or something.

Another non starter here. The name change people need to go away. The traveling bunch of thugs/hippies that are protesting the name have no power and should simply be ignored. Howevedr, I suppose the Grand Forks Fish Wrapper will probably give them enough attention and give them props of a full page story or something.

I cancelled my subscription to the Herald when they had the big debate when Kupchella first got to campus and they wouldn't let it die.

Some chic called me a few weeks later to ask why I had cancelled, and I let her have it.

LMFAO

My question is this....

Why do you need a 11,000+ seat facility to accomodate the 7-10 people watching the women's basketball games? :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First of all, it's the men's basketball tournament.

And second, it's going to be broadcast nationally in HD. The betty isn't fitted for cameras.

I really don't undertand all this animosity towards basketball. Yes, it's unfortunate that the Sioux can't practice in the Ralph prior to the start of the NCAA's, but it's not like the REA people couldn't have foreseen that this might be a problem back at the time they were bidding on hosting the dII elite 8 a couple of years ago.

And as for the UND basketball programs, don't fault them for playing conference games at the Ralph this year. That was REA's idea, too. I'm not as sure about Glas, but Roebuck has been telling anyone who'll listen that he wants to play ALL games in the Betty.

And second, it's going to be broadcast nationally in HD. The betty isn't fitted for cameras.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WHose damn oversight was that?

Unless this is part of the Elight 8 Mens DI basketball (Duke, UNC, etc play in this), I don't think the ice should be removed if hockey is underway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is "DII" basketballs problem. The rink was built as home to the University's "DI" hockey team. If they now must play second fiddle to other less significant sports and events in their own building then something has gone terribly wrong at my old school.

Similar story for Wisconsin in the first round of the WCHA playoffs. The BADgers had to play at the old Dane County Coliseum because the State High School Girls Basketball Tourney was in the Kohl Center. Basketball has been a problem there since it opened, it was built as a dual purpose building, used to drive Sauer nuts.