SiouxSports.com Forum

Hakstol on the radio

PCM

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

siouxtatoo42 says: as much as you want sioux athletics to prosper, putting this non-sport into a 11,500 seat facility, and then bringing 2000 fans is gonna make our program and town look stupid.  Put them in betty where they belong and leave it at that. the hockey teams needs their facilities for the biggest tourney of the year.  what a bunch of s&!t.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Non-sport? who are you kidding? other than in the north, people around the country could care less about hockey in general. why do you think taht a fricken dog show beat the stanley cup in the ratings last year (no joke)?

i mean non sport as in i don't think basketball is a sport.  I understand that it is a more viewed tv thing than hockey,  but my definition of sports involves contact.  I also understand that hockey is taking a beating nationally with the lockout and that college hockey gets airtime nationally this weekend and next only.  I think it's crap that it's not more widespread,  but how do you teach hillbilly's down south about ice??  you give them a ball(or empty beercan) and bucket and they can relate with basketball.

Wow, it seems with your knowledge you would fit right in with the hillbillys.

Did you play goalie before goalies wore masks???

Actually people who complain about paying high ticket prices can complain about bringing in events like the Elite Eight, because it is going to be us that pay for the losses incurred when 100 fans show up. If you are going to take a loss on an event, why not take it on hockey regionals. I think we should bid on the hockey regionals every year because then we can hear gopher fans saying how we have the home ice advantage every year. Let's face it, a traditional hockey power will be in the NCAA most years, and being able to play at home every year would be a major advantage in getting to the Final Four and the exposure all programs desire. Rather than take a loss on a sport that UND hasn't reached prominence in ages, why not outbid others for hockey regionals that, with UND in it will draw very well. I think Ralph would rather give the hockey team an advantage anyway, and it is a lot less risky than a sport that isn't the cash cow in town.

If our hockey team can't handle 2 days of practice in a rink that they already spent 2 weeks practicing in, how in the he!! are they going to handle this weekend? This weekend they will not be playing on the ice at REA. And they definately won't be playing in front of more Sioux fans than Boston fans. Maybe this will help prepare them to play on an unfamiliar rink.