SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS BU FRIDAY MARCH 25TH 8:00 EST

AZSIOUX

you also have to add in the .003 .002 .001 bonus and the gophs #4 by theirselves..

Pairwise Rankings

Rk Team PWR RPI Comparisons Won

1t Colorado College (CC) 26 .5957*

1t Denver (DU) 26 .5916*

1t Boston College (BC) 26 .5885

4t Minnesota (Mn) 23 .5680

4t Cornell (Cr) 23 .5882*

Minnesota is tied for fourth in the Pairwise and wins the individual comparison with Cornell. So I guess a #1 seed isn't really a joke.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the sports bars in GF will be packed on Fri night - the Ralph should get the feed on the big screen - they could make a profit off beer and food sales.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to mention the money they would charge just to get into the building. :lol:

Quote from Jerry York in USCHO.com article.

"My fondest wish here is that when the teams are announced tomorrow morning that our four [Hockey East] teams that will make it that we're assigned to different regions," said York. "I really feel that our league is so strong this year that if we could get to [the four regions] we could have the same thing we had here [in the Hockey East tournament] at the Frozen Four in Columbus."

Two good HE/WCHA matchups in the first round.

"My fondest wish here is that when the teams are announced tomorrow morning that our four [Hockey East] teams that will make it that we're assigned to different regions," said York. "I really feel that our league is so strong this year that if we could get to [the four regions] we could have the same thing we had here [in the Hockey East tournament] at the Frozen Four in Columbus."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jerry York just proving again what a DOPE he truly is. He can't be serious!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He can't get his wish since there are no HE teams in Grand Rapids. That leaves it to the Sioux to take out 2 of them, MN to take out one, and, I'm sorry, I'll be favoring UNH over Denver in the Amherst region. Denver will forever be the team I want virtually anyone else to beat from now on.

If you're going to win the big one, you have to beat the best anyway. Might as well beat them in the regionals....

With any luck BC will still be banged up next weekend (admittedly so are the Sioux). Since their guys appear to possibly be available next weekend, they most certainly should be by the Frozen Four. So if the Sioux can get by BU, maybe, just maybe, they'll catch a BC team that's still limping a little.

I know, the Sioux are hurting too.

I know, the Sioux are hurting too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The difference is, the Sioux are used to it. This is a team that's battled injuries, bad breaks, bad news and bad luck all season long. And yet if you look at the posts from BU and BC fans on USCHO, few of them are confident about playing UND. I can't imagine that DU, CC, Minnesota and Wisconsin would be too thrilled at the prospect, either.

Yes, the Sioux are bruised, bloodied and battered, and the opposition wants no part of them. UND is the wounded bear in the tournament.

Here is an interesting post of what a B.C. fan said about UND.

Originally Posted by SteveF

North Dakota was the fastest and dirtiest team BC played all year. have fun!

I am not sure how he can call UND dirty but I like the fact that some think UND is fast. They have at times flown up and down the ice making plays and getting up ice. I hope the teams in the regional take UND for granted. They seem to be peaking at the right time.

Edited by Goon

Here is an interesting post of what a B.C. fan said about UND.

I am not sure how he can call UND dirty but I like the fact that some think UND is fast. They have at times flown up and down the ice making plays and getting up ice. I hope the teams in the regional take UND for granted. They seem to be peaking at the right time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SteveF seemes to be a lot like the Slap Shot of BC Hockey. He's knowledgeable, but unafraid to twink it up if he feels like it. No, that's not so true. Slap Shot is less "twink-ish" than SteveF. :lol:

In any case, if you want a good opinion from a BC fan, read Mav's posts on USCHO.

Bottom line though: Anything involving BC, UNH, or Maine hockey will eventually erupt into flames anyhow.

The TV schedule shows all regionals on ESPNU, available only on directtv (609), not on dish. Have no idea whether ESPN will sell some rights to Fox regionals. Wish I still had directtv, the $12 sports pack addition would be a no brainer for next week.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This really stinks, I have Dish Network and from what I hear ESPN U is not available although I have not yet called to confirm. I love how they put these games on a channel that virtually no one gets. What a bunch of crap. For those of us in the cities Senser's has always come through, maybe we can pack that place with Sioux fans and get them to turn the sound on. I am sure they have the capability to pick up ESPN U.

This really stinks, I have Dish Network and from what I hear ESPN U is not available although I have not yet called to confirm. I love how they put these games on a channel that virtually no one gets. What a bunch of crap. For those of us in the cities Senser's has always come through, maybe we can pack that place with Sioux fans and get them to turn the sound on. I am sure they have the capability to pick up ESPN U.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The same thing happened last year when Victory Sports had the games.

I know Cableone in Fargo (and I'm pretty sure MidCo in GF) found a way to air the games.

The same thing happened last year when Victory Sports had the games.

I know Cableone in Fargo (and I'm pretty sure MidCo in GF) found a way to air the games.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They will be on this weekend or there will be a lynching at the head quarters of Midconet. UND fans are pretty vocal about getting their hockey on.

I read somewhere that Fox Sports North was working a deal with ESPN 2 for the regional games.  Anyone heard anymore about this?

DG

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fox North will have the Minneapolis regional on Saturday, and tape delayed Sunday. No word on the other regionals, but game times at Worcester and Grand Rapids overlap, so if they show one of the regions I'd guess it will be Grand Rapids.

It would seem the only chance in NoDak would be ESPNU/directtv or hope that FSSN picks up the feed on cable.

For the Fargo Fans, I emailed Cableone and got this reply.

Thank you for the email and inquiry of our service.  I would like to let you know that we are unsure yet if there are going to be any alternatives with the games.  We are currently looking into this as we speak.  Please give our main office a call on Wednesday and I'm sure that we will know more by then.  I do apologize about this delay.

Thanks,

Cable One

our main office phone number is 701-280-0033

At least we will get to hear some good announcers (talking a lot about the Boston schools :lol: )

NCAA MEN'S ICE HOCKEY TV ANNOUCERS

Worcester, MA - March 25-26

Gary Thorne - Play x Play

Bill Clement - Color

Grand Rapids, MI - March 25-26

Eric Frede - Play x Play

Darren Pang - Color

Amherst, MA - March 26-27

Dave Ryan - Play x Play

Barry Melmose - Color

Minneapolis, MN - March 26-27

Bob Kurtz - Play x Play

Fred Pletsch - Color

At least we will get to hear some good announcers (talking a lot about the Boston schools :lol: )

NCAA MEN'S ICE HOCKEY TV ANNOUCERS

Worcester, MA - March 25-26

Gary Thorne - Play x Play

Bill Clement - Color

Grand Rapids, MI - March 25-26

Eric Frede - Play x Play

Darren Pang - Color

Amherst, MA - March 26-27

Dave Ryan - Play x Play

Barry Melmose - Color

Minneapolis, MN - March 26-27

Bob Kurtz - Play x Play

Fred Pletsch - Color

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey that sure as hell beats Wooger and mop head. Clement and Thorne are great now if I could just see the game.

For me the only thing really disappointing about the regional selection is that the Sioux have to play Friday. Too bad they couldn't get their first game on Saturday instead. I think right now the team needs rest more than anything.