SiouxSports.com Forum

Robbie Bina

Smoggy

Just want to add my best wishes to Robbie and his family. Hopefully he will make a full, complete recovery. I would like nothing better than to be among the 11,500 fans at REA giving him a standing ovation as he is introduced in the starting lineup, whether it is next year or later.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, I'm going to say something that's going to get me ripped but I will say it anyway.

I don't know what Gwoz thinks of what went on.

However, it IS possible that Gwoz didn't see what happened himself, therefore doesn't know how bad the hit was.  He MAY have kept Paukovich off the ice for a while in order to let the whole situation simmer down for a bit before putting him back on the ice.  Frankly, if the above suppositions are true, it's a pretty smart move.

I'm only trying to put forth another explanation.  We've all generally assumed what Gwoz's motivations were, but no one has put forth a different viewpoint to consider.  So here's one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Valid point, however according to this quote from the INCH article, someone on the other sideline saw it; just a little differently

No one's mentioned this that I know of, but have Gwozdecky and Paukovich visited Robbie in the hospital? In my opinion, personally expressing their concern for his health and/or apologizing would be the classy thing to do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Considering they both got on a charter flight back to Colorado about a 1/2 hour after the final game I highly doubt it.

I realize this will be tossed around as heresay, but I spoke with a DU player's mom during the title game Saturday night. I asked her if she had any "inside information" and she gave me a line about how the DU players heard rumors that Bina was not even taken to the hospital and was in the locker room watching TV during the rest of the DU/UND game. She also mentioned that it was "too bad" because Paukovitch is the "nicest kid around." Blah blah blah. I was so steamed I couldn't even muster up a reply, which, if you know me, is quite a rare occurence. Frankly, I don't think there was much concern at all over on Gwoz's bench. I enjoyed watching DU's run to the title last March. Now it makes me sick to think I cheered for that bunch of goons to beat Maine.

Robbie, good luck. You are in my prayers. I pray that even if you never wear a Sioux jersey again, that you are able to live a normal and full life. Hockey is secondary to everything else right now, but God willing, you'll be back skating soon, too.

All the best.

MafiaMan

I asked her if she had any "inside information" and she gave me a line about how the DU players heard rumors that Bina was not even taken to the hospital and was in the locker room watching TV during the rest of the DU/UND game.

Yeah, and they're faking major surgery too. :lol:

Get well Robbie. Be well Robbie.

All of North Dakota Hockey is pulling for you.

Like I said, I was so livid at her comments, I decided to just turn my head and walk away rather than say something stupid. They don't just strap guys to a board and secure their head and neck, only to let them walk out of an ambulance ten minutes later.

Like I said, I was so livid at her comments, I decided to just turn my head and walk away rather than say something stupid.  They don't just strap guys to a board and secure their head and neck, only to let them walk out of an ambulance ten minutes later.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good move on your part to walk away....How stupid is this woman anyway? Yeah they bring out a backboard and have 10 people huddled around the situation and it isn't serious? Give me a break....

She also mentioned that it was "too bad" because Paukovitch is the "nicest kid around."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is the same guy who scores a goal against UMD with 20 seconds to go to make it 6-3 UMD and he punches I think it was Hammond. Rosehill grabbed him, slammed him to the ice, and grabbed his head and bounced it off the ice :lol: Nice guy, huh.

But back to the topic....

Get well soon Robbie.

This is the same guy who scores a goal against UMD with 20 seconds to go to make it 6-3 UMD and he punches I think it was Hammond. Rosehill grabbed him, slammed him to the ice, and grabbed his head and bounced it off the ice :lol: Nice guy, huh.

But back to the topic....

Get well soon Robbie.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same guy who pulled the 12 year old move of pointing to the scoreboard, while at The Ralph.

All the best to Robbie on his road to recovery.  The kid is a class act, on and off the ice.  I'm thinking that a nice NC ring will help him through the therapy sessions.  :0

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

still deeply disgusted by this situation and the a$$hats on USCHO that think this is not serious.

Get well Robbie, you're the heart of the team and one of the hardest workin' mo-fo's out there.

I just hung on "Doctors are hopeful for a full recovery".

Whether that means he ever plays hockey or not isn't the biggest thing. Remembering how we could not see him on the ice from our seats, and fearing that he could not move, to know it's likely he can at least get out of bed and walk around in his future is something I'm very happy to hear.

Some Sioux fans I talked to were in an elevator with a Denver player's girlfriend, and I'll quote her exact words: "My boyfriend plays for Denver, and he said that that guy who went down wasn't even hurt...."

:0:);):angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Get well Robbie... :sad:

Some Sioux fans I talked to were in an elevator with a Denver player's girlfriend, and I'll quote her exact words:  "My boyfriend plays for Denver, and he said that that guy who went down wasn't even hurt...."

:0  :)  ;)  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Get well Robbie... :sad:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We were told by some Hockey moms when "Discussing" the Hirch situation, that Bina was a diver.? :sad: