SiouxSports.com Forum

Tonights Game vs. Wisc

COSiouxfan

I know that Wisc. dropped to a tie for 15th in the Pairwise after last nights game but as much as I hate them I think they are deserving and it would be tough for them not to get in the NCAA's. I thought Wisc. played extremely well tonight and I believe they could compete with anyone in the country. Anyways the Sioux are in and the Badgers have to wait it out. Give some Pio arse. Lets go Sioux.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot this came from a Goopher fan - they only talk about "offensive defensemen", which Denver has two of the best in the WCHA. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Considering the game I saw last night, Wisco has a bad D (4 frosh D in front of Bernd). Yah, their stats are good, but the way they have been playing lately is more indicative of a poorer D then the stats "say". Hence the "slide" that UW has been having. UND played good D last night, much more so than the BADgers....sorry, but that is what I saw as a totally unbiased hockey fan. Stats are one thing, but individual games are another. Take off the kelly colored glasses and you may actually see I may have a few points.

WPoS

Me too! :lol: I was holding my breath waiting for Woog's pronounciation, but he wouldn't even try to say it.

I listened to Hennessy for most of the game. Did Frank really say "Minnesota," or was that a typo by you? :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He really said Minnesota.

Considering the game I saw last night, Wisco has a bad D (4 frosh D in front of Bernd). Yah their stats are good, but the way they have been playing lately is more eindicative of a poorer D then the stats "say".  Hence the "slide" that UW has been having. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wisconsin's slide has been caused by its inability to score goals, not by lack of defense. You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't agree with it.

I doubt that a player being a senior has much to do with it. Plus, there are only two seniors among the nine forwards seleted. Which one of them would you pull off and replace with Genoway?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was thinking of Ellsworth in particular. He did nothing the first half of the season yet he gets picked as an AS :lol:

Considering the game I saw last night, Wisco has a bad D (4 frosh D in front of Bernd). Yah their stats are good, but the way they have been playing lately is more eindicative of a poorer D then the stats "say".  Hence the "slide" that UW has been having.  UND played good D last night, much more so than the BADgers....sorry, but that is what I saw as a totally unbiased hockey fan.  Stats are one thing, but individual games are another. Take off the kelly colored glasses and you may actually see I may have a few points.

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D LOL. Thats how I see it too. UofW is not too good defensively.

Prpich is out?

And what's with Smaby being called Shmaby?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mike injured it during the first period, it looked like it was hurting him because he was draging his shoulder and didn't come back out after the 1st period was over. Mike tried making a go of it but you could tell it hurt.

Good jump in the first, I thought we rope 'a doped it a bit in the 2nd. My main area of concern still is the struggle we have in clearing our zone. Wisconsin had several stretches of prolonged time of possession in our end. That's about the only thing I agreed with Woug and Frank about.

Coors and all their brands!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now you're getting picky! :D

I vow to abstain from Coors products for the duration of today's DU-UND game. But if the Sioux win, I'm popping open a beer and drinking a toast to those "Irishmen" in the Rocky Mountains. :D