SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs BADGERS THOUGHTS

AZSIOUX

should be a good one. not sure if anyone wants the sioux right now with jordan playing well only giving up 8 goals in 6 games. great defense as well. 14 goals in last 2 games. hope we still have some in the bag for the badgers..wish i could be in st. paul..

go soux!!!!!!!!!

Looks like we posted the same thing at the same time! UND has progressed so much in the past few weeks it is amazing. They have a 7 game unbeaten streak going. Hopefully we can keep it going. I hope that any Sioux fan who can make it to the game DOES!

should be a good one. not sure if anyone wants the sioux right now with jordan playing well only giving up 8 goals in 6 games. great defense as well. 14 goals in last 2 games. hope we still have some in the bag for the badgers..wish i could be in st. paul..

go soux!!!!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cupcake... :lol:

I will bring a "Good luck to Robbie Earl and the rest of the Badger Diving Team" sign.

Looks like we posted the same thing at the same time!  UND has progressed so much in the past few weeks it is amazing.  They have a 7 game unbeaten streak going.  Hopefully we can keep it going.  I hope that any Sioux fan who can make it to the game DOES!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am going to be there and it will be a lot of fun. Better dead than Red.

I guess this is going to be the first time the BADgers have been to the final five in three years

The last time the Badgers were in the Final Five was 2002 and they lost to CC in what was Jeff Sauer's and Dany Heatley's last game. There was a monster snowstorm and attendance was pretty minimal. I do recall lots of Badger fans in attendance saying that most fans in Wisconsin were waiting to see what happened Thursday before making the decision to come to Mpls/St Paul for the weekend. Hopefully they do the same thing this year...and wind up saving themselves a few bucks by not having to drive all that way just to watch the Sioux play Friday and Saturday. :lol:

The last time the Badgers were in the Final Five was 2002 and they lost to CC in what was Jeff Sauer's and Dany Heatley's last game.  There was a monster snowstorm and attendance was pretty minimal.  I do recall lots of Badger fans in attendance saying that most fans in Wisconsin were waiting to see what happened Thursday before making the decision to come to Mpls/St Paul for the weekend.  Hopefully they do the same thing this year...and wind up saving themselves a few bucks by not having to drive all that way just to watch the Sioux play Friday and Saturday.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Peter Sejna with the great overtime goal ... puck bouncing across the slot and literally out of nowhere, he whips a wicked boot-high one-time snap shot past Bruckler.

Thursday night I think James Massen gets the GWG.

The last time the Badgers were in the Final Five was 2002 and they lost to CC in what was Jeff Sauer's and Dany Heatley's last game.  There was a monster snowstorm and attendance was pretty minimal.  I do recall lots of Badger fans in attendance saying that most fans in Wisconsin were waiting to see what happened Thursday before making the decision to come to Mpls/St Paul for the weekend.  Hopefully they do the same thing this year...and wind up saving themselves a few bucks by not having to drive all that way just to watch the Sioux play Friday and Saturday.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember just beating the snow storm down there too. I remember how much snow there was in the streets of St. Paul...

I can believe I am going to say this, But I am going to cheer for UND in this game over Bucky.  I am sure the WI fans are going to love the Kessel signs at the X too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So your not a big BADger fan either?

I can believe I am going to say this, But I am going to cheer for UND in this game over Bucky.  I am sure the WI fans are going to love the Kessel signs at the X too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope more Minnesota fans will cheer for ND as well. I would think they hate red more than green. Most of them will probably just want a good game and not care. Maybe I can talk the gopher fans around us to cheer for UND since I will be cheering for the 'phers as long as they aren't up against us. That would be a good poll for somebody to do on a gopher site and see what they come up with. Which hatred is stronger? :0

No offense to UMD fans but:

UW has a lot more to play for than UMD did. I doubt this game is going to be as "easy" as UMD turned out to be. UW is playing for their NCAA lives right now, while, by my calculations, even if we lose to UW we're still in the NCAAs. I admit I haven't tried every scenario on the Committee function, but so far, that's been the case.

Nevertheless, I hope we still beat the dirty Badgers and their diving ways. I just don't see a high scoring game regardless of how well our offense has been doing and I guarantee you UW will get more shots than UMD did.

No offense to UMD fans but:

UW has a lot more to play for than UMD did.  I doubt this game is going to be as "easy" as UMD turned out to be.  UW is playing for their NCAA lives right now, while, by my calculations, even if we lose to UW we're still in the NCAAs.  I admit I haven't tried every scenario on the Committee function, but so far, that's been the case.

Nevertheless, I hope we still beat the dirty Badgers and their diving ways.  I just don't see a high scoring game regardless of how well our offense has been doing and I guarantee you UW will get more shots than UMD did.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

UND will be ready to play as well. I've heard that the boys are chomping at the bit right now to get back on the ice. It will be an interesting weekend.

IMO it is hands down that Gopher fans hate the evil red more than UND.  With UND it is just a one sport issue.  With the evil red, it is all sports (except for Baseball) and that hatred carries over from one sport season to the next.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are more sports than hockey? :0 Our swimming team could swim laps around your team.