Mike Vannelli

Marty

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do it all the time!

:):)

Good luck next weekend to the Sioux, may we have another WCHA playoff championship decide by our teams.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol::huh:;);):lol::lol:

That's funny, I know there are some folks around here that bitch about Greene, but I had no idea there were that many threads.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Listening to the Sioux game, yes, Marco Peluso. Keep that @$$h0le of the ice. Too bad we need Prpich on Thursday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Peluso is 5-10 160, has 19-19-38 for the season, and is not even close to leading in penalty minutes. I think that had more to do with the announcing. Somebody has to stand up to guys like Prpich who go after the small guys. Rosehill would turn Prpich into roadkill if he had the chance. Tell Prpich to pick on somebody his own size...

Peluso is 5-10 160, has 19-19-38 for the season, and is not even close to leading in penalty minutes. I think that had more to do with the announcing. Somebody has to stand up to guys like Prpich who go after the small guys. Rosehill would turn Prpich into roadkill if he had the chance. Tell Prpich to pick on somebody his own size...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Prpich goes after small guys? Maybe when he wants to drop the gloves, but no. Prpich seems to not care who he runs his mouth on. I thought he was jawjacking with Rosehill, Curry, and all other comers. Prpich will take on anyone. However, I do find it insteresting, picking on small players, how the big players at Minnesota universities (not singling out UMD here. In general) like to mug small players.... like Rosehill on Murray, or Taylor (UM Last year) on Murray. Like the WCHA on Zach Parise :lol:

UND has it's "goons" I suppose. Prpich and a few others have their moments. However, the problem with goon-dom is not that they go out and goon it up. It's that they are able to do so at whim without penalty unless it gets to a point where it is so flagrant that it has to be called. And even then, it's a toss up whether it will or it won't. I think that Prpich and Peluso would not goon it up so much if they were called on it more often. And, yes, if they were, Peluso would by far lead the Bulldogs in penalty minutes. But Marco won't have to feel bad. Teams facing UW would have to have good PP units because they'd probably get close to 45 minutes of the game on the power play or 4 on 4

However, I do find it insteresting, picking on small players, how the big players at Minnesota universities (not singling out UMD here.  In general) like to mug small players.... like Rosehill on Murray, or Taylor (UM Last year) on Murray.  Like the WCHA on Zach Parise :huh:

UND has it's "goons" I suppose.  Prpich and a few others have their moments.  However, the problem with goon-dom is not that they go out and goon it up.  It's that they are able to do so at whim without penalty unless it gets to a point where it is so flagrant that it has to be called.  And even then, it's a toss up whether it will or it won't.  I think that Prpich and Peluso would not goon it up so much if they were called on it more often.  And, yes, if they were, Peluso would by far lead the Bulldogs in penalty minutes.  But Marco won't have to feel bad.  Teams facing UW would have to have good PP units because they'd probably get close to 45 minutes of the game on the power play or 4 on 4

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...Like everyone on Evan Schwabe?

Peluso wouldn't be leading the team in PIM, not with Rosehill at over 100.

You "suppose" UND has goons? Geez, every team has goons. Even mini-mites. :lol:

I wouldn't say Peluso is a goon but I know what I saw on Saturday in the last few minutes of the game and it was Peluso on his last shift and all he wanted to do was fight. I was sitting with a UMD fan and he said the same thing. Peluso's whole goal that last shift was to get someone to drop the gloves and I am sure glad it didn't work.

I like to see misfortune for MN as much as the next Sioux fan (except DaveK, who is obviously some sort of mutant (no offense, Dave)), but doesn't the whining about MN get a little fatiguing? I know reading the whining does. Vanelli, officials, the Final Five ... Let it go. Cheer for the Sioux.

I wouldn't say Peluso is a goon but I know what I saw on Saturday in the last few minutes of the game and it was Peluso on his last shift and all he wanted to do was fight.  I was sitting with a UMD fan and he said the same thing.  Peluso's whole goal that last shift was to get someone to drop the gloves and I am sure glad it didn't work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was the problem, it wasn't the extra chippiness of certain players throughout a game. It was Peluso's obvious attempt to go out and cheap shot anyone he could get close to over the last 4 minutes of the game, with the outcome decided. Absolutely nothing for Peluso and the Dogs to gain (or lose), but the very classless attempt to get a Sioux player to drop the gloves, eliminating them from the first game of the Final Five.

I believe, after little Shep finally stuck him in the PB, Sandy took him off for good after the Sioux scored on the PP. Sandy showed his class, Peluso has none.

That was the problem, it wasn't the extra chippiness of certain players throughout a game. It was Peluso's obvious attempt to go out and cheap shot anyone he could get close to over the last 4 minutes of the game, with the outcome decided. Absolutely nothing for Peluso and the Dogs to gain (or lose), but the very classless attempt to get a Sioux player to drop the gloves, eliminating them from the first game of the Final Five.

I believe, after little Shep finally stuck him in the PB, Sandy took him off for good after the Sioux scored on the PP. Sandy showed his class, Peluso has none.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, true, and true. I respect tough players out to make their team better (i.e. dropping the gloves to light a fire under your team or to protect your star), however I have no respect for what Peluso tried to do. Worthless player...

I'll end this post with his list of career accomplishments.

1) Made Prpich into a Sioux fan favorite.

2) hmmmmm?

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

Not to continue throwing gas on the fire that is flaming peluso, but did anyone see him come around the net in the third period on saturday night and go down and try and take out mGreene's knees after he gave a breakout pass?? greene just sat there on a knee for a second shaking his head staring at peluso's back as he skated away. gooning it up is one thing, trying to get the opposition to drop the gloves, but to go out and intentionally try and hurt someone. what a pussy.

Not to continue throwing gas on the fire that is flaming peluso,  but did anyone see him come around the net in the third period on saturday night and go down and try and take out mGreene's knees after he gave a breakout pass??  greene just sat there on a knee for a second shaking his head staring at peluso's back as he skated away.  gooning it up is one thing, trying to get the opposition to drop the gloves,  but to go out and intentionally try and hurt someone.  what a pussy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This one incident reflects Matt Greene's personal growth and maturity. Last year he would've skated down the ice and gone postal on Peluso. For the Sioux's sake I hope the NHL doesn't get their collective act in order so we can enjoy Greene's presence on the ice one more year.

This one incident reflects Matt Greene's personal growth and maturity. Last year he would've skated down the ice and gone postal on Peluso.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You think so? I don't recall MG ever dropping the gloves since he's been here... lots of chippy stuff, but I don't remember him ever really punishing anyone... :lol:

Most Goons know how to fight and based on his limited track record Vanilla can't so in my mind he is just another in a long line of dirty Gophers.  The closest thing the Gophers have to a true Goon is UpChucko.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are 100% correct. I have never seen a cheaper program than the Gophers. You can rip me all you want and say that I'm just saying that because I'm a Sioux fan, but if you actually take off your blinders and watch them play you will see it.

I'd take Peluso over Prpich any day. I like Mike, but he isn't contributing on the scoresheet like he should. If Peluso were a Sioux, the whole flow of this board would be at his defense and our record would be improved by 2 or 3 wins and wouldn't be playing the play-in game at the Final Five. Is he cheap, yes. Is he a goon, no. That being said, I'm OK with Prpich bitch-slapping Earl all over the ice on Thursday night.

Also, you can't lable Matt Greene a goon either. Anyone ever see someone attempt to fight him? Even at universities with low academic performance for athletes like SCSU and Mn, nobody's stupid enough to try.