SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Bulldogs WCHA Playoffs

SiouxTupa

I can see that.  I guess I just heard the early year penalty troubles as more to do with the obstruction crackdown than just above and beyond poor reffing.  I can't believe I was fooled.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, it is just my opinion. Others may believe differently, even though they would be wrong. :lol:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if we get the "best" ref because it is the most competitive series, or do we get the "fifth" best ref because we are the fifth seed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If we get the fifth best...then we will get Campion... :lol:

That's probably what Sioux fans are hoping for anyway... :lol:

If we get the fifth best...then we will get Campion... :lol:

That's probably what Sioux fans are hoping for anyway... :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Although I feel the level of officiating in the WCHA is poor, I believe Champion is one of the beter ones in the league.

Although I feel the level of officiating in the WCHA is poor, I believe Champion is one of the beter ones in the league.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Campion and Zelkin are the two refs that will call a good game. However, this is Daddy's WCHA. I don't think this is going to be the case for us.

Ok, I'm going to guess who is going to ref which series and see how many I get right:

CC series: Zelkin

DU series: Campion

UW series: Mason

UMN series: Hunt

UND series: Shepherd

That's my guess. Don't think I'll be close, but maybe I can get one right.

I think Campion and Zelkin are the two refs that will call a good game.,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Campion will call a Sioux win, if that's what you meant...

Ok, I'm going to guess who is going to ref which series and see how many I get right:

SoapNet Miniseries: Adam

I hope we get Mason, this way when the bulldogs win, you can all cryout "he is an ex-bulldog" blah blah blah blah blah.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mason tends to call way too many penalties against tDogs...going out of his way to prove he has no pro-UMD bias. Give me that "Johnny Punchclock" Zelkin. He's got the smallest helmet size of any ref in tWCHA, if you know what I mean :lol:

keep the gloves up. damn. :D:lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think there was any question that the Dogs were overrated. When the #1 team in the nation loses to and ties Vermont, something is wrong with said ranking. Should they have chanted that....no, but you can understand the frustration (and inebriaton) that led to it.

I don't think there was any question that the Dogs were overrated. When the #1 team in the nation loses to and ties Vermont, something is wrong with said ranking. Should they have chanted that....no, but you can understand the frustration (and inebriaton) that led to it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's hard for me to believe that dog fans, for where their program ranks in NCAA hockey history, railed on their team as they did...it's not like the Dogs have won 7 NCAA titles....or one for that matter. I can't recall Sioux fans chanting that at their own team. Imagine how the UMD players felt! OUCH!

It's hard for me to believe that dog fans, for where their program ranks in NCAA hockey history, railed on their team as they did...it's not like the Dogs have won 7 NCAA titles....or one for that matter.  I can't recall Sioux fans chanting that at their own team.  Imagine how the UMD players felt!  OUCH!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, well... the Sioux get into a slump and the sky falls on this board.

I guess I'll start the prognostication...

Friday night we usually have our better game, so if I'm going to pick a 3 game series we'll probably have to go with UND first

UND Friday 3-1

UMD Saturday 4-2

UND Sunday 5-4 OT

This is the time when teams show the different directions they're going to go.  Good teams will step up and do what it takes to move to the next level.  The Sioux have been back and forth, and I'm hoping this will be their statement series.

It will be a nailbiting series no doubt.  Much like the Denver series in 2002, which was also won in OT game 3...on an Andy Schneider slapper from the point.  Hopefully history repeats itself, but I'd take Fri/Sat wins to rest for Thursday.  :D

Think I can get FSNN in NY?  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nobody in the media is giving the Sioux a chance. I hope they prove them wrong. GO SIOUX!

What media is that, sioux7?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sioux 7 is right just look at the various site predictions USCHO, INCH. In fact your question should be has anyone found a writer outside of GF who has picked the Sioux to win. If this isn't enough motivation for the team what is?

There aren't many fans except those on this board that think the Sioux will win the series either. I don't get why people are so confident the Dogs can pull this out. I think the chance that tUMD wins this series is less than 50/50.

Hope the Dogs can get a win tonight in my absence and then finish the deal with me in attendence Sat or Sunday. :D

Sioux 7 is right just look at the various site predictions USCHO, INCH. In fact your question should be has anyone found a writer outside of GF who has picked the Sioux to win. If this isn't enough motivation for the team what is?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I say who cares. I wonder how many games that these experts have watched.

I think Campion and Zelkin are the two refs that will call a good game. However, this is Daddy's WCHA. I don't think this is going to be the case for us.

That's my guess. Don't think I'll be close, but maybe I can get one right.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't do well at all. Two refs I thought were not good enough to be given playoff jobs made it (Anderson and Adam) which displaced every prediction I made. The only two I got right? UND and UW series refs.