SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Bulldogs WCHA Playoffs

SiouxTupa

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'll start the prognostication...

Friday night we usually have our better game, so if I'm going to pick a 3 game series we'll probably have to go with UND first

UND Friday 3-1

UMD Saturday 4-2

UND Sunday 5-4 OT

This is the time when teams show the different directions they're going to go. Good teams will step up and do what it takes to move to the next level. The Sioux have been back and forth, and I'm hoping this will be their statement series.

It will be a nailbiting series no doubt. Much like the Denver series in 2002, which was also won in OT game 3...on an Andy Schneider slapper from the point. Hopefully history repeats itself, but I'd take Fri/Sat wins to rest for Thursday. :D

Think I can get FSNN in NY? :D

Just one question, since I'm heading to NYC for Spring Break...

Will Sensers be carrying the games?  Saturday night in particular.  I can go to the Friday game, because I'm not leaving for the cities until Saturday morning.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, Sensors will have the games if it is on the FSSN. CheeseMover will most likely give us an update sometime this week.

Nick Fuhrer scored the goal against DU in 2003.  UND will win it in three, like they seemingly always do other than last year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And to think all these (2) years I've been thinking it was Schneider. He did actually shoot the shot that was deflected by Bochenski in game 2 of that series. The shot from Schneider is all I can remember. Maybe I didn't get to game 3? It was just into Spring Break I remember, and the student section was full, but not of students. It was fun all the same. Looking back on old schedules I can remember lots of these games. Plus, I'm noticing that the team is running out of time to gain a Nat. Championship before I graduate. One more year...hurry up guys...geez :D:D

Thanks BigChief, I actually planned on going to Sensers regardless because I assumed they would have it. Just wanted a little reassurance before I got there.

i will say sioux in 2 games...Parise continues his great play. he has only given up 5 goals in the last 4 games. he has earned this opportunity and hopefully he will take advantage of it this weekend and help the sioux move on the the final 5.

prediction....sioux in 2..

fri...5-2

sat..3-2

PREVIOUS AND ONLY 2 MEETINGS THIS SEASON....

FRIDAY DEC. 10TH.

UND 5

umd 1

parise gets the win stopping 23 of 24 shots...

duluth uses both of their goalies

duluth 1/8 on powerplay

sioux 2/9 on powerplay...

scoring

First Period

UND-1 Colby Genoway (Drew Stafford, Nick Fuher) PPG 4x3 8:44

UND-2 Drew Stafford (Travis Zajac) GWG 4x4 16:20

UND-3 Brady Murray (Colby Genoway, Andy Schneider) 19:01

Second Period

UND-4 Matt Jones (Rory McMahon, Rastislav Spirko) PPG 4x3 14:38

Third Period

UND-5 Brady Murray (Drew Stafford) 4x4 5:18

umd-1 Marco Peluso (Nick Anderson, Tim Stapleton) PPG 5x3 8:14

SATURDAY DEC. 11TH

umd 4

UND 3

phil takes the loss stopping 36 of 40 shots

duluth 1/7 on powerplay

sioux 1/9 on powerplay

scoring

First Period

UND-1 Mike Prpich (unassisted) SHG 5:26

Second Period

umd-1 Marco Peluso (Bryan McGregor) 9:30

Third Period

umd-2 Tim Stapleton (Todd Smith) 1:21

UND-2 Mike Prpich (Colby Genoway, Quinn Fylling) 5:24

umd-3 Evan Schwabe (Marco Peluso, Tim Stapleton) PPG 5x3 12:58

UND-3 Drew Stafford (Brady Murray, Andy Schneider) PPG 16:13

umd-4 Evan Schwabe (Bryan McGregor, Marco Peluso) GWG 19:28

Predictions:

Friday: UMD 3, UND 2

Saturday: UND 4, UMD 3*

Sunday: UMD 2, UND 0

*--True to form...UMD goes up 3-1, only to give up yet another 2-goal lead.

I'm thinking about actually going down to Senser's to watch a game...if my dad doesn't order the internet video broadcast. I'd really like to put some faces with pseudonyms (or "sudo"nyms). :D

Predictions:

Friday:  UMD 3, UND 2

Saturday:  UND 4, UMD 3* 

Sunday:  UMD 2, UND 0

*--True to form...UMD goes up 3-1, only to give up yet another 2-goal lead.

I'm thinking about actually going down to Senser's to watch a game...if my dad doesn't order the internet video broadcast.  I'd really like to put some faces with pseudonyms (or "sudo"nyms).  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not bold enough to predict actual scores just yet.

But:

Friday: UND zonks UMD big. They catch UMD sleepwalking off of a great weekend vs UW.

Saturday: UMD zonks back. True to form, UND cannot find the offense to win on Saturday.

Sunday: UND in OT. UND will be behind for most of the game, only tying it up with less than 5 minutes to go in the third. 2 OTs until Nick Fuhrer pots the winning goal. :D

I guess I'll start the prognostication...

Friday night we usually have our better game, so if I'm going to pick a 3 game series we'll probably have to go with UND first

UND Friday 3-1

UMD Saturday 4-2

UND Sunday 5-4 OT

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You think the Sioux are going to score 10 goals in 3 games :D wow

UND2-1 FRIDAY

UMD3-1 SAT

UND3-2 SUN OT :D

Really either team's series. I have more faith in Sandy than I do in Dave to motivate the troops. I think that UND's size advantage will help. It'd be nice to see Schwabe get his bell rung a few times, but someone has to catch him first. I think that UND is a deeper team and will win a three game series because of that. Duluth needs to win the Final Five to have a shot at an NCAA bid, so they will definitely have incentive to play. Peluso is a hot-head, so I think Dave should send Prpich out to irritate and see if we can't get Marco tossed. It should be very good hockey. UND wins if they can shut down UMD's first line.

You think the Sioux are going to score 10 goals in 3 games :D wow

UND2-1 FRIDAY

UMD3-1 SAT

UND3-2 SUN OT ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No better time to start than now! Besides they scored 5 on UMD in the first game and 3 in the second IN DULUTH when they were hurting for offense much much more. :) Murray and Genoway are back, and I think it's very possible given the possiblity of 3 games. They don't let this series slip away, and I think they will get some scoring out of the deal. So there. ;):D

Go to the Bloomington Sensers.  That's the one UMD fans are gonna try to take over.  You can't let them do that. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

RWTD and I are planning to head to Senser's for one of the games. Sounds like it may get a bit crowded there. What time do yo usually have to show up to watch a playoff game? Is an hour early enough?