SiouxSports.com Forum

St. Cloud Series Thoughts....

AZSIOUX

of course we want a sweep this weekend. i think we can do it if we play like last weekend and get solid goaltending from jordan friday night and whoever plays saturday, guessing it will be jordan if he keeps it up friday night...the huskies are tied at the bottom of the WCHA with 16 points. the huskies have 2 quality wins this season beating CC in overtime in CC and beating Ohio St. early in the year. 2 other decent wins beating duluth 2 times.

we swept st cloud in nov. this season at the ralph.

fri..4-1 (phil with the win stopping 18 of 19 shots)

prpich (greene,fylling) genoway(stafford,zajac) zajac(stafford,genoway)

prpich(fylling,bina)

sat..3-1 (parise with the win stopping 22 of 23 shots)

porter (spirko,greene) porter (zajac,genoway) mcmahon (spirko)

2 powerplay goals...

prediction...

sioux sweep

5-2

4-1

I hope we sweep.  I will be at saturday's game, does anyone know how well UND fans attend these games?  How much of a pain are the protesters?  I have heard the SCSUcks announcers don't use "fighting sioux".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should try an experiement. Keep yelling Fighting Sioux and keep telling the women they really are huskies, and see what causes more problems. :blush:

This is at least the second or third time I have heard something about protestors down at St. Cloud. Is this a common thing when the Sioux are in town or something ? And why is it just in St. CLoud, and not in all cities where the Sioux play a road series ? Maybe there is a reservation nearby or something...that would be my guess.

This is at least the second or third time I have heard something about protestors down at St. Cloud. Is this a common thing when the Sioux are in town or something ? And why is it just in St. CLoud, and not in all cities where the Sioux play a road series ? Maybe there is a reservation nearby or something...that would be my guess.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

JBSU has blurred out the Chicago Blackhawk jerseys in pictures of alumni. :blush:

i was at the series last year in january..did not even notice protesters and could care less if i did..we are considerd team NORTH DAKOTA at JBSU. i noticed a lot of sioux fans when i was at the series last season. you could hear "LETS GO SIOUX" chants very easily in that tin box..

I hope we sweep.  I will be at saturday's game, does anyone know how well UND fans attend these games?  How much of a pain are the protesters?  I have heard the SCSUcks announcers don't use "fighting sioux".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is common in St. Cloud, at least the games I've attended there.

There are reservations all over the place, that has little to do with it.

What does JBSU stand for ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

from PCM in a previous thread...

Jan Brady State University. It's a "Brady Bunch" reference to Jan Brady (SCSU) who -- as I understand it -- was forever jealous of her sister Marcia Brady (Minnesota). I never watched the "Brady Bunch."

from PCM in a previous thread...

Jan Brady State University. It's a "Brady Bunch" reference to Jan Brady (SCSU) who -- as I understand it -- was forever jealous of her sister Marcia Brady (Minnesota). I never watched the "Brady Bunch."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, that is some in depth story line, glad to finally know what it means, thanks !!!

I've been to St. Cloud several times and have heard of protesters but never seen them myself.

There'll be a decent number of Sioux fans at the NHC, at least from my previous exp.  This one will be there Friday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That might be significant because it might actually tell you that there might be that might not be that many protesters actually protesting the Fighting Sioux name. It would be typical because it seems that a few squeeky wheels get all of the grease. The media loves to blow insignificant stories up to make them look bigger than they actually are.

I've been to St. Cloud several times and have heard of protesters but have never seen them myself.

There'll be a decent number of Sioux fans at the NHC, at least from my previous exp.  This one will be there Friday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember one time I was at the NCC, a bunch of these "protesters" started chanting some crap during the National Anthem. I can't imagine they win too many supporters among students and fans with that kind of stunt. But what do you expect from that crowd? :blush:

my bad for the bad spelling...fixed it...good spin off with the "coud" though PCM :blush:

St. Coud? Or maybe you meant St. Could, as in: "Who knows what the Huskies could accomplish if they only had a real coach."  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was down in St. Cloud this fall for the football playoff game. I went down with the marching band. All five of the white middle class protesters there were even making comments to the band members as we were walking into the stadium. After a few people made some smart comments back to them they didn't even know what to do. Those jokes at PCSU can't even be taken serious.