SiouxSports.com Forum

New Rival...

TinyTimmay

For those of you that don't understand or that don't care to, the Bison women are DIVISION ONE and are ineligible for the NCAA tournament for another 3 years.

I stand corrected, but I believe that the Bison women have won FIVE national championships and the UND women have won only ONE!

For those of you that don't understand or that don't care to, the Bison women are DIVISION ONE and are ineligible for the NCAA tournament for another 3 years.

I stand corrected, but I believe that the Bison women have won FIVE national championships and the UND women have won only ONE!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

great post, thanks for the insight, we don't care about NDSU, this is siouxsports.com

Yeah, just one ..... three-peat. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If your grasp of history is that poor, you might want to consider not saying anything at all. Anybody who has followed either UND or NDSU women's basketball should be well aware of the fact that UND won in 1997, 1998 and 1999, with a runner-up finish in 2001.

I'm thinking the UNO rivalry is also a friendly one, considering how Behrns was Dale Lennon's coach when he played for the Sioux in the early '80s.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can assure you that the UNO rivalry should not be considered a "friendly" rivalry. There have been some things that have happened over the last few years that haven't set well with our coaching staff. Nothing like the SU rivalry but it isn't friendly!

I'm thinking the UNO rivalry is also a friendly one, considering how Behrns was Dale Lennon's coach when he played for the Sioux in the early '80s.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Friendly rivalry with UNO? hypnotized.gif

I've been told that Behrns wasn't exactly well liked when he coached at UND. Plus, he and his team have pulled some stunts since then that didn't sit well with Sioux coaches, players or fans. I also have the impression that UNO is one of the biggest trash talking teams in the NCC.

Friendly rivalry indeed. nose_punch.gif

Friendly rivalry with UNO? hypnotized.gif

I've been told that Behrns wasn't exactly well liked when he coached at UND. Plus, he and his team have pulled some stunts since then that didn't sit well with Sioux coaches, players or fans. I also have the impression that UNO is one of the biggest trash talking teams in the NCC.

Friendly rivalry indeed. nose_punch.gif

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I recall an incident that happened at the end of a game in Grand Forks involving Martay Jenkins.

How many National Championships have the Bison won since the Sioux have won theirs? The Bison won their Championships when they allowed teams to play on their home court. True the Sioux won one of theirs on their homecourt, but let's face it the women's game has come a long way since the Bison won their NC's. Their were plenty bad women's teams back then.

How many National Championships have the Bison won since the Sioux have won theirs?  The Bison won their Championships when they allowed teams to play on their home court.  True the Sioux won one of theirs on their homecourt, but let's face it the women's game has come a long way since the Bison won their NC's.  Their were plenty bad women's teams back then.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A NC is a NC!

Yes, the women' game has come a long way. At the same time DII has not gotten better. Remember schools like Portland St., Cal- Davis, SDSU & NDSU. They were DII, but now they are replaced with schools like Upper Iowa!

Hey Jamestown, I thought I asked you to quit posting stupid stuff!  To hopefully stop showing your arrogance.

"At the same time DII has not gotten better."  Look in the mirror my NDSU friend.  When NDSU won their championships D2 was watered town, because teams like AKRON, MT, Sac St, had left D2, leaving NDSU the opportunity to finally win a championship in lonely Division Two.  Sadly those "teams" had/have been replace by teams like "NDSU & SDSU!"

What do people mean "don't throw stones in Glass Houses":D

Help.

I know "YOUR TEAM" is the best, but here is a little history for you Cratter. NDSU & SDSU never moved up to Division II from DIII or NAIA like Upper Iowa etc did. So they were not replacing anyone in DII. The DII women's basektball Championship started in 1982. Montana has been DI since 1978, Akron since 1980, Sac St since 1992 (Never won a Women's title & NDSU's 1st was 1991). NDSU did win 2 titles on neutral courts. I have no doubt the NCC is more balanced. Not as many 35 point leads at the half anymore.

Good luck to UND in the tourney.

But apparently you still get my point.  I obviously know NDSU & SDSU never moved up to D2.

'Jamestown' was trying to make the point that D2 is now watered down since "better teams" have moved up like NDSU & SDSU.

I was simply making the point the same can be said LONG ago, when NDSU was winning their championships in D2 Women's Basketball.  I could have named other former D2 teams that have moved up to D1 from '82 to '91, along with NAIA and D3 teams moving up to D2, like "Upper Iowa" now, making D2 "weaker" hence allowing them (NDSU) to win championships.

But yes, thank you, my team is better.

I got your point, just wanted to keep the facts straight.

Another thing, if the 1990's were a long time ago, I am a really old fart.