SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 NCAA Regionals

Kevin G

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

The 1 got fireworks and you called it a tie....weak....

Still remember the guys in front of me hugging like the team had won game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.  The look on their faces when I told them that the game officially was a tie…priceless.

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

So show of hands....Kleven does a forearm to the head of an opposing player.....5 minute major for sure right....amiright? 

Maybe more!

Man did Canisius just implode over the last 25 minutes.  Brutal to watch after they played so well the first 1.5 periods.

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

I realize the series against Canisius was a few seasons ago now and it’s not truly a fair comparison…but the talent chasm between Minnesota and North Dakota right now is rather wide.

You could've just compared the two teams based on the series they played at Mariucci a couple months ago.
Two OT games, one win / one loss.

;) 

2 minutes ago, brianvf said:

You could've just compared the two teams based on the series they played at Mariucci a couple months ago.
Two OT games, one win / one loss.

;) 

I suppose I could just go with which team is 1 win away from the Frozen Four as opposed to the one that needed 2 more wins to reach 20 on the season, eh?

4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I suppose I could just go with which team is 1 win away from the Frozen Four as opposed to the one that needed 2 more wins to reach 20 on the season, eh?

Cornell only has a couple more wins than UND on the season, and they're also only one win away from the FF.
Anything can happen in the NCAA's.

For sure though, UMN was more talented than UND this season...they're more talented than about 99% of the teams this season.
But things are cyclical.  I have no doubt UND will be back.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Cornell only has a couple more wins than UND on the season, and they're also only one win away from the FF.
Anything can happen in the NCAA's.

Nice cherry picking.  3 more wins, 5 fewer losses, 4 fewer ties.  Sure, anything can happen when you’re IN the tournament…the key, it would seem, would he winning some games and making the tournament.  

Just now, MafiaMan said:

Nice cherry picking.  3 more wins, 5 fewer losses, 4 fewer ties.  Sure, anything can happen when you’re IN the tournament…the key, it would seem, would he winning some games and making the tournament.  

Cherry picking?  You mean like bringing up a UND/Canisius series from 2019 to use as a comparison to how this season's UM team beat Canisius?  Ha!  :) ;) 

For sure though. 
I'm disappointed on how the season went, absolutely.  But I think they'll turn it around sooner rather than later.
And I'll support them regardless of if they make the tourney or not.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

Cherry picking?  You mean like bringing up a UND/Canisius series from 2019 to use as a comparison to how this season's UM team beat Canisius?  Ha!  :) ;) 

For sure though. 
I'm disappointed on how the season went, absolutely.  But I think they'll turn it around sooner rather than later.
And I'll support them regardless of if they make the tourney or not.

So you think I DON’T support them?  Is that the accusation here?