SiouxSports.com Forum

I hope the NHL comes back soon

shep

So that Matt Greene can turn pro and find that even in the NHL, you can't whack a guy in the back with both hands on your stick and not be called for a penalty!!!

I bet this thug has done that now at least 4 or 5 times

a. while killing a penalty and

b. with the referee standing there watching him.

I expect his defenders will not even be able to give the "he isn't used to how the refs are calling it" reply as it's the middle of January and if he is that incapable of figuring things out he shouldn't be playing.

And again, it occurs when the Sioux dominate a period and if they kill the penalty get to go back on the attack but this thug has to screw that up.

Please NHL come back so he can go!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the heck would you do if you were being clutched and grabbed at all time. I think you are very VERY wrong on this comment. We're going to need Greene for as long as we can have him. I'm sorry but the people that come on here with such negative comments about the most ridiculous things all the time get really irratating.

Please NHL come back so he can go!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

According to the owner of the Carolina Hurricanes he thinks the season will be lost and stated he could afford to bag another season if he has to, to get a labor agreement. It doesn't look well for the NHL.

Things could get ugly for College Hockey if the WHA does kick off next season and the NHL decides to employ replacement players. There is only so much talent to go around and we may be truly grateful that Hak went after so many talented players that are still high school players.

If you have read the SCOUT's review of Greene in Hockey's Future you'd realize that your comments are very wrong.

The size of the common NHL player is much larger than the common college hockey player. Greene has trouble with clotheslining players who are 5'9". **Insert your favorite clip. The NHL will be harder, but like they say... he is the prototype Defensive Defenseman.

If he's gone next year, that's fine we can deal. If he does come back, though unlikely, teams will shiver just a little more when dressing for the game.

Not that I know much, but I do agree that taking those penalties is very undisciplined. Though, Jones should have been in the box for his tackle...then our gripe with Anderson would be non-existent.

I don't have a gripe, we didn't get it done on offense, and though a very impressive performance, we once again were unable to finish.

Could we please lock this thread?

I hardly think we need a thread dedicated towards the flaming of a player.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If this is just a head-in-the-sand, rose colored glasses, cheerleader board, then this should be locked, but I'm just sick of watching this guy play so undisciplined, and I don't care how big he is. If he's so big why does he need to blatantly crosscheck a guy when he's standing in front of a ref while killing a penalty.

This guy is not helping the team when he does that and if we're here to be Sioux Cheerleaders, then we should all be upset by that.

And I don't care what any scouting reports say.

If this is just a head-in-the-sand, rose colored glasses, cheerleader board, then this should be locked, but I'm just sick of watching this guy play so undisciplined, and I don't care how big he is. If he's so big why does he need to blatantly crosscheck a guy when he's standing in front of a ref while killing a penalty.

This guy is not helping the team when he does that and if we're here to be Sioux Cheerleaders, then we should all be upset by that.

And I don't care what any scouting reports say.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is interesting to note that he hasn't done that in quite a while. You see, here's the main problem with Greene: When he doesn't stand up for his players, he's a bad captain. When he stands up for his players and gets called, he's a bad player. You see what I'm saying?

No matter what he does, he'll forever suck to a good deal of you Sioux bandwagoners. When the Sioux are winning, you see, the Sioux rule. When the Sioux are losing, it's because of this player and that coach and whatever. You see what I'm saying? Say I'm wearing the sunglasses or whatever. I know this team has problems, but I'm not going to point fingers except at poor fans who should really think about leaving the board. For example, like you and BDB and all of you who would rather flame than be constructive.

You say that you hope the NHL is back soon. Well I hope that none of the players, their friends, or their parents read this board for fear that they see what kinds of fans frequent here and how the contructive positive fans are gradually being outnumbered by the idiots, flamers, and bandwagoners.

Flame away! I'm sure that's what you are good at.

It is interesting to note that he hasn't done that in quite a while. You see, here's the main problem with Greene: When he doesn't stand up for his players, he's a bad captain. When he stands up for his players and gets called, he's a bad player. You see what I'm saying?

No matter what he does, he'll forever suck to a good deal of you Sioux bandwagoners. When the Sioux are winning, you see, the Sioux rule. When the Sioux are losing, it's because of this player and that coach and whatever. You see what I'm saying? Say I'm wearing the sunglasses or whatever. I know this team has problems, but I'm not going to point fingers except at poor fans who should really think about leaving the board. For example, like you and BDB and all of you who would rather flame than be constructive.

You say that you hope the NHL is back soon. Well I hope that none of the players, their friends, or their parents read this board for fear that they see what kinds of fans frequent here and how the contructive positive fans are gradually being outnumbered by the idiots, flamers, and bandwagoners.

Flame away! I'm sure that's what you are good at.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote

I am not a "flamer" a "bandwagoner" or an "idiot" for pointing out the obvious that Greene's lack of discipline does not HELP the Sioux.

So b/c I (and others) say something...rather ANYTHING negative you say I should leave the board b/c I'm a poor fan.

So in the hope I don't get kicked out I'll adopt your philosophy of "Only a positive fan is a good fan" and with that...

Gee I hope Greene makes some more penalties while killing PP's. That always seems to help the Sioux when he "stands up for his teammates" by crosschecking guys in the back.

(Hey this is fun!!!)

You say that you hope the NHL is back soon.  Well I hope that none of the players, their friends, or their parents read this board for fear that they see what kinds of fans frequent here and how the contructive positive fans are gradually being outnumbered by the idiots, flamers, and bandwagoners.

Flame away!  I'm sure that's what you are good at.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have to be a 13 year old. Players do not care what is written on a message board frequented by fans. We fans not coaches. Get a grip. If you go to Montreal or Boston the papers are harsh on players that play poor as well as the fans. Ask Bob Stanley in Boston after he gave up the winning hit that won the game for the Mets and lost it for the Sox. I am pretty sure these kids can take a little criticizism. If you listened to Greene in his interview with Tim H. He took no ownership for the penalty he took at the end of the game, Matt was blaming the ref. What a leader.

It is interesting to note that he hasn't done that in quite a while.  You see, here's the main problem with Greene:  When he doesn't stand up for his players, he's a bad captain.  When he stands up for his players and gets called, he's a bad player.  You see what I'm saying?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can stand up for your players without taking stupid penalties. I don't see why it's wrong of Shep to point that out. You can still be a fan while acknowleging the faults or weaknesses of a player or team.

My thanks to Redwing for the apology re: me being an idiot, though in many cases the term will apply to me anyway (just not this time) and congrats to Ruffian for very sage comments.

Go Sioux!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One other thing.

If I thought for a second that Greene could remedy his tendency to take stupid penalties, I'd love to see him come back, but when the same thing is happening in the middle of Jan that occurred back in October you have to be concerned about his learning curve.

Goon indicated that Greene commented after the game about the penalty (I didn't hear it) and suggested it was a referee issue.

NEWSFLASH: If you take your right hand, place it near the bottom of the stick, place your left near the top then hold the stick parallel to the ground and with bond hands slam it into the back of the opposition player standing in front of you while the ref stands nearby watching, YOU ARE GOING TO BE CALLED FOR A PENALTY EVEN IN THE NHL!!

Goon indicated that Greene commented after the game about the penalty (I didn't hear it) and suggested it was a referee issue.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually it was between periods last night during the period break. Tim H has interviewed him on tape and played it between periods.

Actually it was between periods last night during the period break. Tim H has interviewed him on tape and played it between periods.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Goon,

I see the Bruin logo and the Bob Stanley reference.

Per chance do we share favorite baseball teams too?

HINT: They beat the dastardly Yankees in the greatest comeback in sports history to win the ALCS and then won the WS

Bottom line, Greene has to become more disciplined in his play. He is hurting the team with his ignorant penaltys. You get the man advantage and then he negates it with a stupid penalty. Dean would have benched him as he used to do last year. Get some discipline going Hakstol.

Goon,

I see the Bruin logo and the Bob Stanley reference.

Per chance do we share favorite baseball teams too?

HINT: They beat the dastardly Yankees in the greatest comeback in sports history to win the ALCS and then won the WS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually I lived out in the Boston area for a couple of years and used to take in Bruins and Sox games, up to this year I followed the Bruins on the NHL hockey package, up until the lock out this season.

I am happy as heck that the BoSox beat the dirty Yankees. I think nothing is more obnoxious than Yankees fans. Gopher fans are tame compared to them. I love Fenway park the place rocks, its a throw back stadium, to bad we are tearing all of these stadiums down. However, I more of a Bruins fan than a Sox fan.

People in North Dakota I don't really know how rabbid the sports fans in the Boston area are. I remember when I moved to the the Boston area in 1988 after being stationed in Germany, the Boston area was still smarting/mad as hell about losing the world serieds. I can remember how bitter Sox Fans were with Bob Stanley (AKA the Steamer) they blamed him for losing the series, these fas were even so mad that some of them destroyed his kids toys that has been left in his yard. People dispised Bill Buckner for missing the easy play at I belive first base that cost the Red Sox the series. Some still think he was on the take.

You have to be a 13 year old. Players do not care what is written on a message board frequented by fans.

I think they're more aware of what people write than you give them credit for. And as young kids, I think it affects them more than you think.

I think they're more aware of what people write than you give them credit for. And as young kids, I think it affects them more than you think.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you serious?

I think of all the things the players have to concern themselves with, what a bunch of slackers (like me) say on a message board has to be way down there with "taking advice from the guy at the bar".

If this affects them negatively, then perhaps playing hockey on a national stage like UND wasn't for them in the first place, but if they ever expect to make the leap to the NHL, do you have any idea what is said about Pro players in the NEWSPAPER??? Or on TV???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dags, you have to be kidding? We talking about young men not a bunch of 15 year old girls with low self esteem.