SiouxSports.com Forum

Hockey Music

cfm567b27

What are they playing now that is so lame?

ON a side note:  What does your name (cfm567b27) mean?  It is a secret alien code?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know what it is they play but I like it. Good combo of great plays, goals, and hits. It is before and during the game that the music seems to suck. Heard Billy Joel and Dave Matthews on Friday.

and, from what I gather, cfm's name is a type of aircraft engine used to power airliners... perhaps the 737?

Frankly I think the reason the Sioux are having a mediocre year thus far is due to the removal of GODSMACK during pregame introductions............Bring back GODSMACK please and the highlight clip depicting each of the 7 titles........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't UND win a national title with Marlyn Manson in the pre-game music mix.

I remember the last team to win the National title had some pretty hard core rock in the pre-game music selection.

I don't know what it is they play but I like it.  Good combo of great plays, goals, and hits.  It is before and during the game that the music seems to suck.

If you are talking about the intro it is P.O.D's "Boom". I really like it. Love that they incorporate big hits or great plays from the Fri game in Sat. intro.

When I think hockey music I immediately think '70s and '80s arena rock... "Rock And Roll All Nite", "We're Not Gonna Take It", "Welcome To The Jungle", "Cat Scratch Fever", etc...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I think of arena rock, I immediately think of mullets. :0

no offense to dave mathews band, but there is nothing about that music that says "let's get it up boys, whaddya say boys!!" they need to have the godsmacks, disturbed, welcome to the jungle, as loud as the can. as a former athlete, there is absolutely nothing that can get you jacked up with a rush of adrenaline like a badass tune at the peak of breaking your eardrums.

As I play the music and announce at my kids hockey games, can I get some thoughts from anyone on what you might think are god tunes to play before/during and after the game. I may have a lot of them now but I'm always looking for some more...

I like the highlights of the Friday game in the Saturday intro too, but they've got to replace the clip of Chad Mazurak fist-pumping down the bench with something a little more recent!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree completely. I enjoy the video, but the Mazurak tidbit is very lame. If they aren't going to show NC clips, then they should simply highlight the current players.