SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (10-18, 4-11) @ KC (11-17, 7-8) 2/17 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

UND almost... almost pulled off an epic comeback against Oral Roberts, but just fell 3 points short.  Now UND turns their attention to Kansas City and the Roos to try and salvage a split in this road trip.

The Roos are an interesting team.  They have a great 1-2 punch with Mitchell and Allen at the guard spot, but they have been struggling to get some production outside of those two and the injuries to Mukeba and Kopp haven't helped very much. They have climbed to has high as the 3 seed but have since fallen to the middle of the pack.  They certainly have opportunities to climb again, but they have to be careful as they might end up playing in the Friday games.  

In the first matchup, UND blitzed them with the 3 ball and KC is not build to shoot the 3 ball.  If UND can shoot the ball that well again, they have a great shot of winning.  The hope is that they can summon it up on their last road game of the year.

Milestone Watch

Matt Norman is 11 made 3s away from tying Quinton Hooker for the UND D1 record for most made 3s in a season.  There is a pretty good chance that he can get that record sometime during the homestand. 

The Call:

I think UND can really take this on at KC.  If the energy level is there and the shots are falling, they will win.  I think Norman, T, Omot, Trent, and Eaglestaff make it rain and UND gets a sweep of KC

UND 81-76

https://kcroos.com/watch/?Live=260

8 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Great write up!

I’m worried UMKC is going to be fired up for this game after losing to us in Grand Forks and after the loss to NDSU on Thursday. Conference road games are tough on the road. Especially after the home team just lost a game.

I would agree that KC wants revenge, but I think UND can take this one.  They need to make KC play their style and not muck it up with the Roos.  

25 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I would agree that KC wants revenge, but I think UND can take this one.  They need to make KC play their style and not muck it up with the Roos.  

Absolutely! Get out in transition and try not make the game a rock fight! Is it senior day for them?