SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (7-13, 1-6) vs ORU (16-4, 7-0) 1/21 1 PM

SWSiouxMN

I was hesitant to jump on the fire Sather train and this homestand tells me why. I’m back in to giving him a longer leash. I still want to win and win now but I think he may give us our best chance at that. Feels like he remembered he’s a good coach again. ORU was going to be an extremely tall task no matter what. Keeping up with Max and McBride and then a 7’5” guy is nearly impossible. 

1 minute ago, sioux24/7 said:

I was hesitant to jump on the fire Sather train and this homestand tells me why. I’m back in to giving him a longer leash. I still want to win and win now but I think he may give us our best chance at that. Feels like he remembered he’s a good coach again. ORU was going to be an extremely tall task no matter what. Keeping up with Max and McBride and then a 7’5” guy is nearly impossible. 

4 tough games on the road coming up. We’ve won 1 conference game… could easily be a 5 game losing streak coming up. Definitely playing better with this 7 man lineup and going 5 out (like I’ve been saying to do all year) but we are still dead last in the conference. 3-23 in conference in the last two years now?? Look how good we looked at home in the Thanksgiving tournament. Then look how bad we looked after that. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, HoopsFan03 said:

4 tough games on the road coming up. We’ve won 1 conference game… could easily be a 5 game losing streak coming up. Definitely playing better with this 7 man lineup and going 5 out (like I’ve been saying to do all year) but we are still dead last in the conference. 3-23 in conference in the last two years now?? Look how good we looked at home in the Thanksgiving tournament. Then look how bad we looked after that. 

Tough... but winnable

7 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

The rotation has been a lot better. The scouting has been a lot better. The record bothers me a lot but if this team shows up to every game from here on out I don’t see us finishing last in the conference. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Tough... but winnable

That’s correct. They are winnable. I’m just saying we’ve had two good games. We’re still a 1 conference win basketball team. Don’t get too high as things can turn bad again real quick. Like I said above. Look how high we all were on them after the Thanksgiving tournament at home. And then look how bad they looked and went after that. I’m cautiously optimistic that things could turn around. Not holding my breathe though

2 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

That’s correct. They are winnable. I’m just saying we’ve had two good games. We’re still a 1 conference win basketball team. Don’t get too high as things can turn bad again real quick. Like I said above. Look how high we all were on them after the Thanksgiving tournament at home. And then look how bad they looked and went after that. I’m cautiously optimistic that things could turn around. Not holding my breathe though

And I hope I am COMPLETELY wrong on this!!

7 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

It starts with Western on Monday.  

Got to get that one in Malcomb. 

29 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

All fair. We are also a couple bad calls away from having 2 more conference wins this season (SD schools). 

• Upvote 1

This was an important weekend I felt for Omot, he really put together two good games and I hope that can boost him in the 2nd half of the conference season.

I hope that this is the version of T UND gets going forward. 

It is looking like this is going to be the style of play going forward.

4 road games:  Need to get at least 2 of them.  

• Upvote 1

This is a very very Young team.  Omot showed up big.  Treyson big game Thursday and respectable game today.  Defense is much better from the early season.  

TO's have been reduced.

If they play like this going forward we will win some games and perhaps make some noise in the tournament.