SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux fans cheering for Bucky?

MavsFan

So, what's up with people in Sioux sweaters at tonight's Minnesota State/Wisconsin game cheering for the Badgers?  Don't they know that they had a lot more to gain by Bucky losing than by the Mavericks losing?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't much care. We have our own problems at the moment to worry about than the outcome of some game out in the perifery. Aren't you guys more concerned that your AD is a chump who would rather sell out their own fans and home ice for a few $$$?

Aren't you guys more concerned that your AD is a chump who would rather sell out their own fans and home ice for a few $$$?
Oh, yeah. We're big-time pissed that one of our "home" games against UMTC will be at the X-Cel where we will be outnumbered by Goph fans probably 10-1. Not only that, but it's on a Friday, so we have to get off work and drive nearly a hundred miles through rush-hour traffic to see the game. There's no question that it's all about the Benjamins.

I just thought that you folks would have wanted to see the Mavs sweep Bucky this weekend.

I always cheer for the Gophers and Badgers when they're not playing against the Sioux and not ahead of the Sioux in the WCHA standings. They're my 2nd and 3rd favorite teams. But with the standings being what they are currently I wanted Mankato to beat Wisconsin.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are insane. Bucky sucks.

So, what's up with people in Sioux sweaters at tonight's Minnesota State/Wisconsin game cheering for the Badgers?  Don't they know that they had a lot more to gain by Bucky losing than by the Mavericks losing?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You must be lonely, your the first person i've ever met claiming to actually be a Mankato hockey fan, kudos to you and god's speed.

You must be lonely, your the first person i've ever met claiming to actually be a Mankato hockey fan, kudos to you and god's speed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL...Well, there's actually getting to be a larger contingent of Mavs fans on USCHO. Unfortunately, it's not showing up in the form of attendance at the MWCC.

LOL...Well, there's actually getting to be a larger contingent of Mavs fans on USCHO. Unfortunately, it's not showing up in the form of attendance at the MWCC.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If the Sioux were not playing CC on Jan 14, I would love to go cheer for the Mavs against the goofers at the Xcel center. Of course I would be wearing a Sioux jersey. I might also do this for the Dogs when they play the goofers in minneapolis on Jan 28th, when we are playing the Beavers.

I have a hard time understanding how any WCHA fan could cheer for Maine or New Hampshire over the Gophers in the national championship game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't. To me, it's perfectly clear. It's called unequivocal hatred and disdain of an adversary... IMO, a perfectly acceptable practice.

I don't. To me, it's perfectly clear. It's called unequivocal hatred and disdain of an adversary... IMO, a perfectly acceptable practice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I second that ???

And it so happens I'm from Boston - so when the Sioux aren't in it any team with a home remotely close to Beantown I pull for.

True, but aren't Hockey East teams also the enemy? I think they are. I always cheer for WCHA teams over Hockey East teams, especially once we get to the NCAA tournament. One of these years I'd love to see an all-WCHA Frozen Four.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Being one of those Sioux fans who rooted for the Gophers vs. UNH, I'll explain why. It's simple. For every 10 second clip on Minnesota ESPN showed when talking about the NC game, they showed 45 seconds of UNH clips. I do have a "hatred" of the Gophers, but nobody is worse than HEA and their cronies, ESPN (when NCAA DI hockey DOES get any attention).