SiouxSports.com Forum

Exhibition verses Waldorf (10/31 7 PM)

SWSiouxMN

I am at the game.  Sueker and Nero look back to full strength.  T looked good but against a much smaller defense.  Omot is long and has skills but still learning flow and defense.  Matthew’s is still really slow.  Eagle staff is still learning college defense but his length makes up for a lot.  Sees the court and handles the ball well.  With more experience he will be hard to keep out of the lineup.  Some of the other freshman are athletic but need to figure out a team game both on offense and defense.  

• Like 1

This year's team is steps ahead of last year. They actually look like a D1 team this year. They have significantly more talented players this year than last year. They should at least be competitive this year and hopefully win a few more games. 

As for the game last night, Sueker was the best player for UND and should be for the year as long as he can stay healthy. TT looked solid although it was against smaller players than he will see all year. Nero was solid, nothing crazy. Trent looked good in the second half. Bummer that we weren't able to see him for a whole game. The freshman are very talented. Brooks needs to be more willing to shoot the 3 as the season goes on. Omot showed flashes and got more comfortable as the game went on. Treysen was visibly nervous the whole game. Looked kind of timid. Hopefully he got the first game jitters out of the way. He can be a huge asset to have as a 6'6" point guard. We aren't used to seeing that at UND. I'm not sure why Norman played as much as he did. Many others bring more to the game than he would for this squad in my opinion. Same goes for Grant. 

Overall I am really excited for this season! I think we could shock some people in the Summit as the season moves on. 

2 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

This year's team is steps ahead of last year. They actually look like a D1 team this year. They have significantly more talented players this year than last year. They should at least be competitive this year and hopefully win a few more games. 

As for the game last night, Sueker was the best player for UND and should be for the year as long as he can stay healthy. TT looked solid although it was against smaller players than he will see all year. Nero was solid, nothing crazy. Trent looked good in the second half. Bummer that we weren't able to see him for a whole game. The freshman are very talented. Brooks needs to be more willing to shoot the 3 as the season goes on. Omot showed flashes and got more comfortable as the game went on. Treysen was visibly nervous the whole game. Looked kind of timid. Hopefully he got the first game jitters out of the way. He can be a huge asset to have as a 6'6" point guard. We aren't used to seeing that at UND. I'm not sure why Norman played as much as he did. Many others bring more to the game than he would for this squad in my opinion. Same goes for Grant. 

Overall I am really excited for this season! I think we could shock some people in the Summit as the season moves on. 

Right on cue for observations.

I really want Trent's defensive effort to spead across the team.  Make it infecious, especially to BJ and Treysen 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Right on cue for observations.

I really want Trent's defensive effort to spead across the team.  Make it infecious, especially to BJ and Treysen