SiouxSports.com Forum

The Official Go Sioux / Lakers Thread

Cratter

Each team wins and this game is at the Alerus Center. One would think it'd almost be aguaranteed sellout, and who would have thought the Sioux would host a playoff game this year. I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself...(players disregard this thread), but I can't help myself.

Even more incentive to beat Tech.

I also gotta say the criticism to Belmore is undeserved, he didn't play great but he played pretty dang good considering the conditions. My only criticism was on a couple of plays he should have pump faked and ran the ball, and in the fourth quarter either have two plays already called or should have saved the Timeout by spiking the ball, ( I was at the game).

Go GVSU!!

As one of the GVSU voices here, guess I should say something here I guess. I am kinda torn here about all these, do I pull for Tech and GLIAC dominanance or do I really wish to bring down Lakers-Sioux III upon us all? Either way, I'm looking at a roadtrip, so no advantage there. Tech does play outdoors in the elements where God ment football to be played, but it is out there on Lake Superior in the end of November. Not likely to be all that warm and hospitable. However, UND does play in a Dome, so the only weather to worry about is the drive weather. And I am slightly curious as to how the Al is during a game. Then again, do I really want to know that?? Lucky for me, with the green face paint on, I might blend in amongst you, but the rest of my fellow Laker Nation may not fair so well. However, the chincher is that SiouxMeNow has promised me a free Grinder at the Red Pepper there if we go, so I guess I'll have to lean that way into who wins this weekend as far as UND-Tech. However, I'll probably be a little more worried about the game at hand for us this weekend against Northwood, and getting sweet, sweet revenge!!! :lol:

As one of the GVSU voices here, guess I should say something here I guess.  I am kinda torn here about all these, do I pull for Tech and GLIAC dominanance or do I really wish to bring down Lakers-Sioux III upon us all?

Sucks that the NCAA had to schedule both NCC teams against each other in the first round game, otherwise we may still have two NCC teams going for all the marbles. But I understand that the regional rankings worked out that way.

I would also like to see UND/GVSU at the Al.

However, the chincher is that SiouxMeNow has promised me a free Grinder at the Red Pepper there if we go, so I guess I'll have to lean that way into who wins this weekend as far as UND-Tech.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If nothing else this man has good common sense...Salami with Double Taco Meat...mmmm...who wouldn't sell their soul for that?? Before the season I was jabbing Laker fans about the road to Florence coming through GF this year...how fun would that be if it actually happened?? Lets not get ahead of ourselves though...there's some business to take care of this weekend first :)

Each team wins and this game is at the Alerus Center.  One would think it'd almost be aguaranteed sellout

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what would suck is it's a holiday weekend and we'd be missing a major chunk of the student section behind the Laker bench - razzing them until they turned BLUE (or BLUER!!!) It would be awesome to have a crowd like we had for UC-Davis back in 2001!! 11,500 people shrieking their heads off for the whole game!! North Alabama was close to that last year but that '01 game will always be burned into my brain for pure HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE atmosphere...

what would suck is it's a holiday weekend and we'd be missing a major chunk of the student section behind the Laker bench - razzing them until they turned BLUE (or BLUER!!!) It would be awesome to have a crowd like we had for UC-Davis back in 2001!! 11,500 people shrieking their heads off for the whole game!! North Alabama was close to that last year but that '01 game will always be burned into my brain for pure HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE atmosphere...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've met some people out here that were from that team. Some of the players said it was annoyingly loud. Even the the casual UC Davis fan knows what a loud stadium we have.

I can't wait. I bet when the brackets were announced every Sioux Fan and Grand Valley fan thought that this could happen. I think Sioux fans felt if they could get by St. Cloud they would beat Tech for sure.

This will be the most anticipated game ever at the Alerus center. Not that the last regional championships weren't, but Grand Valley is becoming our National rival, like Boston College in hockey. I hope people will be hanging from the rafters. Hopefully the students stay in town and support the boys. You have Chritsmas Vacation coming soon enough, we need you Sioux Crew.

I was planning on going home on friday to see family but now I might have to just spend Thanksgiving weekend with my Fighting Sioux family. Tough choice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where are you from? If you have to because you live too far away, stay here. This game will be great and crazy. I'm buying my ticket at 8:30 on monday morning.

I guaran-damn-tee you Sack City will be there and I'll be eating numbers. :D

This is kinda off topic, but does anyone else think that Tony Stein is a really good color guy? He is great at explaining everything that UND does and lots of the things other teams do. He tells you what formations are being run by the teams and then what those formations mean. He seems like he could go on to be the color guy for a bigger school then UND if he chooses to.

Where are you from? If you have to because you live too far away, stay here. This game will be great and crazy. I'm buying my ticket at 8:30 on monday morning.

I guaran-damn-tee you Sack City will be there and I'll be eating numbers. :D

This is kinda off topic, but does anyone else think that Tony Stein is a really good color guy? He is great at explaining everything that UND does and lots of the things other teams do. He tells you what formations are being run by the teams and then what those formations mean. He seems like he could go on to be the color guy for a bigger school then UND if he chooses to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like having Tony do the color on the radio, and since it wasn't too long ago that he was playing, he can kind of predict what the coaches are going to do.

I liked having Bollinger do the color on TV today. He also did a great job explaining why a play worked or what the intention was, or what the mistake was. Very good.

Students, if you are going home for Thanksgiving, COME BACK EARLY! I am going to, let's give Grand Valley a nice North Dakota welcome.