SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Wrap Up

UND-FB-FAN

On 4/3/2022 at 9:41 AM, Nodak61 said:

Was a conservative approach this spring.   Talked to many, including Trainers who were glad it was "toned" down.   Half of the O-Line were in shorts and jerseys and were banged up.  Didn't do any real "live" hitting as stated as being cautious avoiding injuries and staying healthy.   Work on fundamentals and get better and stay/get healthy.  

Tommy looked alright, Feeney looked better.   Feeney has more zip on his ball (from what I noticed) and was willing to take a chance at some throws.  Wr's looked good, RB's did fine and made some nice plays.  DL looked a bit under sized, but they were quick to the ball.  

As far as facility, I believe there were prospective recruits there as they had name badges at check in for high school kids.  Showcase your facility!  Also, did a games and autograph session with little kids (good PR move) and it is much easier to access field in there versus the Alerus.  

Feeney better than Schuster?! Blasphemy according to the masses on this board …

And the facility that should be showcased should be the game day facility (Alerus Center), unless they’re embarrassed by that … just don’t agree with that recruiting tactic. Bubba going conservative is a recurring theme. Retirement from coaching will be a nice transition for Bubba, hopefully sooner rather than later. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 4/2/2022 at 10:54 AM, UND1983 said:

The days of this type of thing are over.  Would rather they don't do it at all.

At UND with Bubba … sure. But nearly all Big 10 programs still hold an event at their home stadium to give the fans something to cheer about, if nothing more than to just get together before the fall. Several MVFC teams also do this. 

UND being scared of the Alerus Center for a “spring wrap up” is telling. Do a tailgate in the lot and then a pregame production in the Alerus to at least give UND fans something to do.

The lack of marketing for UND football is somewhat scary.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

At UND with Bubba … sure. But nearly all Big 10 programs still hold an event at their home stadium to give the fans something to cheer about, if nothing more than to just get together before the fall. Several MVFC teams also do this. 

UND being scared of the Alerus Center for a “spring wrap up” is telling. Do a tailgate in the lot and then a pregame production in the Alerus to at least give UND fans something to do.

The lack of marketing for UND football is somewhat scary.

Or they realize these spring game suck at every school in the country and were boring in the 90s, let alone this day and age.  

• Upvote 1

On 4/7/2022 at 10:43 AM, jdub27 said:

So is making up your own "facts" to try to make some point.

Sure.

Fact: not a game format.
Fact: no tailgating.

Fact: not held in Alerus Center.

Fact: big ten programs and MVFC still hold spring events in home stadium.

Nothing made up there, but keep getting defensive; it’s entertaining.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Sure.

I agree that more needs to be done with the Spring Game, Spring Wrap-Up, whatever you want to call it.  Shoot, UND needs to advertise for spring practices in general!  It shouldn't take me tweeting Bubba to find out what time practice starts.  However, I wonder how many of the Big 10 and MVFC teams that hold spring events own their gameday facility?  UND certainly doesn't and I'd imagine it'd be a pretty penny to rent it out.  I'm not saying there shouldn't be some money found to do so, but at the same time, why not use the Pollard Center that UND already owns and make it a big event there?  You can tailgate in the parking lot to the north...I did plenty of times back in the 90's.  Put the money you save by not renting out the Alerus and make the Pollard Center the place to be.  I think that'd be a good middle ground.  Until we're out of this budget crisis UND and every other school in the state has found itself in, it would be hard to justify paying money and hosting the event at the Alerus when you have a UND owned facility on campus that has yet to be packed.  Just my two cents.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, MadScout03 said:

I agree that more needs to be done with the Spring Game, Spring Wrap-Up, whatever you want to call it.  Shoot, UND needs to advertise for spring practices in general!  It shouldn't take me tweeting Bubba to find out what time practice starts.  However, I wonder how many of the Big 10 and MVFC teams that hold spring events own their gameday facility?  UND certainly doesn't and I'd imagine it'd be a pretty penny to rent it out.  I'm not saying there shouldn't be some money found to do so, but at the same time, why not use the Pollard Center that UND already owns and make it a big event there?  You can tailgate in the parking lot to the north...I did plenty of times back in the 90's.  Put the money you save by not renting out the Alerus and make the Pollard Center the place to be.  I think that'd be a good middle ground.  Until we're out of this budget crisis UND and every other school in the state has found itself in, it would be hard to justify paying money and hosting the event at the Alerus when you have a UND owned facility on campus that has yet to be packed.  Just my two cents.

The “home of UND football” doesn’t really feel like the home of UND football. This dysfunction is noticeable if you look at it from all angles. 

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Sure.

Fact: nobody gives a !@#$ about spring games anymore