SiouxSports.com Forum

Little Rink on the Prairie

PCM

Not a bad piece at all.  I would have liked if they had at least interviewed a Native American who was in favor of the name, but at least they didn't make the name/logo issue the center of the article.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The truth is that many Native Americans are for the logo. It is the WAY left (farther than Democrats) liberals that are against it.

A great article though. I think this is what Ralph was invisioning when he built The Ralphm, national recognition of the school.

I couldn't be prouder to be a Sioux fan.

Good article when talking about hockey.. :D

Poor article that it showed only the "one-side" of both Ralph and the name-change issue and didn't even mention that some the the past Sioux players were/are part of the national Sioux Tribe. :silly::angry:;):angry:

Hopefully, that will come out if they do put some of the games on ESPN2 ???

And it's the reason why Gino Gasparini still lives in Grand Forks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey thanks, I didn't realize, that is pretty cool, and I also didn't know Gino still lived in GF. Thanks, I just got the message....haha :lol: I must have skipped over it reading it earlier, didn't realize until now searching for my own previous posts.

As for the Undertones its getting the whole story, which NY Times does a good job of. If you left out the fact that the benefactor left out that he was an avid supporter of the name and wrote a letter to Kupchella stating he'll "take (his) lumps and walk away", you'd be missing a huge part, along with the "Nazi Parties."

The average reader should know that and it adds a lot of the understanding of the situation.