SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (4-8) vs Dixie State (6-5) 12/18 1 PM

SWSiouxMN

Frustrating losing games we should be winning

teams come in and shoot lights out and we can’t hit a bull in the a$$ with a scoop shovel’ counted at least 7 rebounds where we stood around and let them get it

Don’t  know what the answer is’

bison by 25 or more next week

1 minute ago, Kab said:

Frustrating losing games we should be winning

teams come in and shoot lights out and we can’t hit a bull in the a$$ with a scoop shovel’ counted at least 7 rebounds where we stood around and let them get it

Don’t  know what the answer is’

bison by 25 or more next week

Somehow heal Nero, Sueker, and Levias faster and get Eaglestaff on campus sooner?

Or more realistically, figure out how to NOT start 2nd halves as slow as they do. 

This is going to be long season especially if we miss Sueker and Nero are hurt. We can't loose our  top two players to injury on thin bench already and if Howard did quit even makes bench that much thinner. Howard was not going to be big factor at UND because he had limited ability in that he wasn't big enough to play inside and not quick enough to play on outside especially when it came to playing defense. He had a roll where he could provide some offense but that would be limited playing time. This team just doesn't have the size to compete inside and players they have playing on front line are just not experienced enough to get the job done. I looked again we were out scored in the paint by more than 20 points and if this continues into the conference season were going to get lit up by upper teams in the conference. Looking ahead at NDSU were going to be eaten live in the paint they have experienced front line and bigger than we are, Our only hope for us is if we can shoot from perimeter near 50% we may be in this game but even then we would have hard time beating them. Sather knows right now the team they put together after last year's major turnover is not going to  fair well in conference play. I hate to say it, but the pressure is going to be on him to turn this program around and i got to believe they will have to see significant improvement after next season.  I have been thinking on this yes he was handed team that lack roster depth when he took over but again all weak players that were part of that first year either he inherited or he brought in have left. The problem is that we still have roster problems by players transferring out or we have just missed on their ability to play at this level. The current freshman class looks like we have turned the corner but we will need to retain them and build from there. The problem i see where fans are going to be upset is were going to have several teams in our conference like ST. Thomas that will have already passed us and they were just division III, Western Illinois who look like there coach has rebuilt them in less than two years, and even South Dakota who lost through transfer and injury looks to be farther along than we are. I still believe Sather can become very good coach but his learning curve and his assistant learning curves on recruiting and retaining  division I players may have cost us year or two. Also I have to believe covid hasn't helped either and may be big factor in our recruiting and retaining players at the university. All i know is this going to be very difficult season and our record will show it at the end of the season. 

• Upvote 1