SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 NHL Season

cberkas

1 hour ago, Yote 53 said:

Just move that franchise already.  Vegas is the desert success story.  The Coyotes need to go to Houston, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Portland, Quebec City, Hartford, Cleveland or anywhere else other than Arizona.

IF (<-- big if) the NHL were to move them they'd want to keep them west, because they don't want to stick DET or CBJ into the west. 

Houston would make a nice rival to DAL; KC would have STL. Milwaukee would have MIN and CHI. Portland would have SEA and VAN.

I don't see Quebec City, Hartford, or Cleveland having much hope because of "east". 

But I also see the NHL being stubborn and staying in Phoenix. 

2 hours ago, Yote 53 said:

Just move that franchise already.  Vegas is the desert success story.  The Coyotes need to go to Houston, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Portland, Quebec City, Hartford, Cleveland or anywhere else other than Arizona.

Bring back the Scouts. Have an old blue jersey.  Still one of the best sweaters ever in the NHL.

On 1/28/2022 at 7:08 PM, cberkas said:

Here's to the downfall of the Oilers

EDM missed the memo apparently. 

When PIT had 87 and 71 and 58, they had 29. 
When CHI had 19 and 88 and 2, they had a better than average tender (Niemi / Crawford). 
When LAK had Kopitar and Doughty, they had Quick. 

EDM is yet to make a legitimate, serious run at a tender to go with 29 and 97 and 25. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Marchand (BOS) and Foligno (MIN) both gonna get some "quiet time" from DPS is my expectation. 

Can’t believe what Foligno did. Yes he’s a physical player and gets in his fair share of scraps but he stepped over the line last night 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, cberkas said:

Matthews with a 2-game suspension for crosscheck to the head because he got put on his ass in front of the net.

If Matthews had man'd up and just dropped the gloves, he:

• is so much bigger he'd have rag-doll'd that guy,
  • would've sent a message to the next one thinking about giving a big cross-check to him, and
  • probably would not have been suspended. 

This hurts me deeply to say, but Crosby handles things like that better than Matthews. Sid will drop 'em and defend himself. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

If Matthews had man'd up and just dropped the gloves, he:

• is so much bigger he'd have rag-doll'd that guy,
  • would've sent a message to the next one thinking about giving a big cross-check to him, and
  • probably would not have been suspended. 

This hurts me deeply to say, but Crosby handles things like that better than Matthews. Sid will drop 'em and defend himself. 

So you’re saying Matthews is a bit of a ‘Sugar’?;)

Looks to me like COL is hardening up its roster for a Cup run:

- acquire defensive defenseman Josh Manson (traded away rights to Drew Helleson and a 2nd round pick)
- acquire Nico Sturm as a bottom six grind forward (traded away Tyson Jost) 

• 2 weeks later...

After that play, at 5-0, and 5 minutes left, Zegras digs under goalie for covered puck, Jay Beagle cross-checks him down, Troy Terry tries to step in, Terry learns hard way to not get into dog fight with Beagle. 

My question is what and who was Kessel chirping about.