SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

24 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Nothing like seeing Opie being salty and not shaking players hands :lol:

Boy, was he ever pissed late in the game. Duluth had already used its time out a minute or so prior and they ice the puck late, clinging to a one goal lead. Duluth proceeds taking another timeout and the wizards in stripes grant it to them until they figured out they’d already used it so about a minute goes by where some tired Duluth players were able to catch their collective breath and negate DU’s advantage!  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Boy, was he ever pissed late in the game. Duluth had already used its time out a minute or so prior and they ice the puck late, clinging to a one goal lead. Duluth proceeds taking another timeout and the wizards in stripes grant it to them until they figured out they’d already used it so about a minute goes by where some tired Duluth players were able to catch their collective breath and negate DU’s advantage!  

So no penalty for calling a timeout that you don't have?

5 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Apparently not as the DU play by play guy even mentioned that as a possible rule change that they should consider. 

Just curious...in hoops you get a technical if you're out of timeouts and call one.  Maybe should be a minor penalty for pucks.

14 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Apparently not as the DU play by play guy even mentioned that as a possible rule change that they should consider. 

Interesting! I'm guessing it hasn't happened very often but definitely should be included as a circumstance to call a delay of game penalty.

11 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Interesting! I'm guessing it hasn't happened very often but definitely should be included as a circumstance to call a delay of game penalty.

It was unclear to me as I was watching it on tv but I wonder if it was Sandelin who instructed his players on the ice to call for a timeout knowing full well they’d already used theirs, to see if they could confuse and trick the officials at least long enough to buy their players some time to catch their breath? 

32 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

It was unclear to me as I was watching it on tv but I wonder if it was Sandelin who instructed his players on the ice to call for a timeout knowing full well they’d already used theirs, to see if they could confuse and trick the officials at least long enough to buy their players some time to catch their breath? 

Good coaching move if you get away with it unpunished....Hak was great at that cat and mouse game before they cracked down on it....I remember we had a lead but we're hanging on for our lives and we iced the puck and 2-3 guys including MacWilliam tried to get off the ice...they caught the two forwards but Mac had got to the bench and Blood jumped on and was almost at the circle and then they discussed it and told him to get back to the bench so he did and Mattson jumped out and took his spot. They were getting ready to drop the puck and the other linesmen skated in and told Mattson to go to the bench so he did and Blood came back out and they dropped the puck...this all took a good 40-50 seconds.