SiouxSports.com Forum

Coaches Radio Show

dagies

Anyone going to be kind enough to post a recap of the weekly radio show this year?  Sure was great for those of us out of earshot last year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Asked this also in another thread, but you can pick up a web cast of the football coach's show on the WDAZ site. Is there a link for the hockey show also somewhere?

Dang! Got busy tonight and totally forgot about the coach's show. :blush: I've got to get myself back into the habit of remembering it on Wednesday night. Sorry about that everyone.

YOU'RE FIRED! :D

O wait, we don't have any back-ups.....

It's ok, Pat. Really. Thanks for thinking about it anyway. Better luck next time, huh? :lol:

Thanks to PCM for the following disclaimer language:

Disclaimer: This is a summary of the weekly Fighting Sioux Coaches Show. It is NOT a verbatim transcript of the show. Comments by the show's hosts and the coaches are paraphrased to the best of the author's ability and are NOT direct quotes. This summary contains selected highlights from the show and is NOT a comprehensive account of all topics covered or discussed. This broadcast summary represents the interpretation of the author and is not associated in any manner with SiouxSports.com, the Universtiy of North Dakota. This summary MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED without the written permission of the author.

Please excuse typos:

Looking forward to the Maine trip -- great atmosphere at Alfond -- last visit by UND was Oct 2000 -- there's always a packed barn -- probably a little "tighter" confines than the old Engelstad -- they say it is regulation type ice, but it seems smaller -- things happen faster on the regulation size ice, and that's a good thing according to some of the players.

The team went thru a full practice on Tuesday, so by the time they did the scrimage for the public they weren't at full speed.

Regarding Manitoba: sloppy early on -- with the limited penalties in the 2nd, a good flow was established --

Swyg: "How do you give up 2 short-handers?" Coach Hakstol: "Real fast."

Jordan Parise is 100% -- all 3 goalies will make the trip to Maine.

This season the league will be allowing reviews (done by the referee) of goals at Denver and CC. Not every goal will be subject to review, it is up to the referee's discretion. This is just a trial run; since there is significant cost only will be tried at the 2 schools (Denver & CC). (More discussion on skate in the crease, reduction in size of the crease, etc.)

Tough first 1/2 will make the team better.

These first games are so important for the power rankings. Maine, BC, MN, Mankato (always good against us/UND except for 1 game last year).

Question regarding Coach Hakstol's philosophy: We play every game to win -- take great pride in regular season title.

Maine is a lot like UND -- small community -- in a smaller/more rural state -- campus -- there is a good, good relationship between the 2 schools -- always will have a good east-west rivalry.

CSTV -- Great Exposure.

Lineup? Know that Mike Prpich is back -- possible that Colby Genoway will be with Brady Murray and Chris Porter -- which would move R. Spirko onto a line with Fylling. Robbie Bina back in -- he had a really good summer.

Regarding Andy Schneider's coast to coast goal: creating a monster! Coach Hakstol: Nice to see only Once A Year.

Lineup?  Know that Mike Prpich is back -- possible that Colby Genoway will be with Brady Murray and Chris Porter -- which would move R. Spirko onto a line with Fylling.  Robbie Bina back in -- he had a really good summer.

It would be interesting to see Massen on a line with Zajac and Stafford (as he apparently was at the Meet the Sioux scrimmage). That could do wonders for restoration of James' confidence. On the other hand, if he doesn't succeed there..

So, from these comments, I have the lines:

Stafford - Zajac - Massen

Porter - Murray - Genoway

Prpich - McMahon - Kaip

Fabian - Fylling - Spirko

Does that sound right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Those lines look pretty good.

P.S. Thanks, kr.

Thanks to PCM for the following disclaimer language:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

An attorney is using the legal language I drafted? :blush: I'm honored! :D Maybe I'm in the wrong profession. :lol:

Thanks for providing the recap, kr.

Thanks, kr!

I'd throw in Canady for Fabian.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My cousin went to Meet the Sioux and he said that Fabian was introduced during player introductions but then was never on the ice durring the scrimmage. Does anyone know if he is hurt?

My cousin went to Meet the Sioux and he said that Fabian was introduced during player introductions but then was never on the ice durring the scrimmage. Does anyone know if he is hurt?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think he received a concussion during practice this week. That's what his dad said anyways.

An attorney is using the legal language I drafted? :D I'm honored! :lol: Maybe I'm in the wrong profession. ;)

Thanks for providing the recap, kr.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can't improve on perfection! hahahahahahaha ;) And as far as being in the wrong profession, um, don't quit your day job, please. :blush:;)