SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (1-4) vs NDSU (1-5) 12/12 5:30 PM (CU Mortgage Direct Dakota Showcase Day 3)

SWSiouxMN

12 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Yes

We shouldn't be shooting that many 3s... with a guy named Rebraca in the post.  He had 18 in the first half and finished with 21.  We went away from our strength.  UND is not a good shooting team.  We don't have a pure shooter on this team.  They need to work to there strengths.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, FSSD said:

We shouldn't be shooting that many 3s... with a guy named Rebraca in the post.  He had 18 in the first half and finished with 21.  We went away from our strength.  UND is not a good shooting team.  We don't have a pure shooter on this team.  They need to work to there strengths.

I said that after the SDSU game where we missed 21 three's.   

14 hours ago, Dagger said:

How is a timeout able to be called when a player from each team has their hand on ball?????  Refs clearly blew a couple calls at end. 

Nobody won that game last night. That was an ugly game on both sides outside of Rebraca. And the refs blew calls both way. They call a charge on Krueser and the next time down the court Rebraca does the same thing and it was a no call. Sims got all hand on a block of Cook at the rim in the last couple of minutes and no call but they call Cook for a call on the rebound. If both teams play like that the rest of the season, they will both be in the bottom half of the conference.

I though last nights game showed two teams that was playing its third game in three days. Also with way things are now your playing with no crowd to help generate some excitement to get the adrenaline flowing. It especially showed with UND' s free throw shooting if they would even hit normal free throws the game would have been UND's by 5 to 6 points. The number missed free throws was even greater than showed because alot of them were front end of bonus free throws. Refs let players play otherwise we would have seen who's bench would have been better.  If you look at these four teams there is not much difference between them it all depends on how well each of them plays and shoots the basketball. Look USD beat SDSU in night cap so you see on any given night these teams can beat each other. The big thing is how much will these teams improve by end of the season. I look at UND and NDSU both having high upsides with NDSU need to find more offense out there young freshman and UND needs to clean up there ball security and needs to improve there outside shooting percentages. Both are capable of playing good defense and i think that to will improve. SDSU is most skilled team now and if Wilson return could mean they have most complete team right now. The big question is can they stay healthy and not get upset along the way. USD  I think is a year away again but on given night they could beat you which was proven last night in them beating SDSU.  My guess is that we have at least 6 teams that are all pretty close and way things are scheduled this year i got to believe it will lead to pretty close conference records. This will all come down to who gets hot at conference tournament but i wouldn't be surprised at least 3 of these teams are in semifinals and for sure one of these will be conference finals.