SiouxSports.com Forum

New format?

90siouxfan

11 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Did the site change its format or did I have a change on my end?  There is a portion on the RH side that is unused, and quotes inside of posts seem truncated.  I am on a quite old laptop while I fix my already old laptop.  

I noticed the same thing.  Said to myself, WTH did I do and how do I fix it.  ;)

There was a version upgrade of the software, but there isn't supposed to be any significant change in layout. On a laptop, on the front page (index of forums) I see a right-hand column with recent posts, popular posts, etc..., but that's always been there.  For the people who see the empty space, is that on a computer? Do you see the recent/popular posts column?

Found it. It's a new feature. It just kicks in (by default) on threads with more than 3 pages. Rather than disable it altogether, I moved it just below the first post on computers, the same as mobile. 

If we don't like that, I can always disable it altogether in the future, but let's try this for a few days.

5 hours ago, jimdahl said:

Found it. It's a new feature. It just kicks in (by default) on threads with more than 3 pages. Rather than disable it altogether, I moved it just below the first post on computers, the same as mobile. 

If we don't like that, I can always disable it altogether in the future, but let's try this for a few days.

Better, like it.

• 7 months later...