SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota Quarter?

Cratter

Why not put something on there like the state capital building with a pic of sakakawea. It would show one of our most famous residents and our very unique capital.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I lived in Bismarck, I can't remember one person who came to visit me who was impressed with the State Capitol Building from the outside.

When I lived in Bismarck, I can't remember one person who came to visit me who was impressed with the State Capitol Building from the outside.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When i was touring the capital once, there was a senator from California up studying our educational system. He told us a story about how every state he flies into they always say the same thing, "that big dome over there is the capital." He said he was amazed when he flew into Bismarck and saw our capital building. We have a very unique capital, why not show it off. I would much rather see that than an empty wheat field with some old western movie scene on the quarter.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But it is quintessentially North Dakotan. Quietly standing resolute, its stature a not so subtle symbol of the vitality of the state :glare: It's also cool on New Year's Eve. And of course on the inside it is beautiful and the view from the observation deck is quite spectacular. It's not like the dime a dozen capitals with domes and rotundas, and it's all the more impressive considering it was built during the peak of the Great Depression.

I would have liked to see a walleye from Lake Sakakawea. Can't recall any state quarters with any fish.

Doesn't Kansas' approved design already have buffalo on it and didn't we hear about a "no repeat" rule for those quarters?

Honk-honk-honk ....

A couple of SD's designs also include a buffalo. It's nice to have a monument -- their leading designs are: Mt. Rushmore w/pheasant, Mt. Rushmore w/buffalo, and Mt. Rushmore w/wheat. Rounding out their top 5 are a Bison (looks a lot like ND's!) and a pheasant.

Since we didn't get Sioux hunting Bison as even an option, I guess I have to go with Diggler's blank design.

A couple of SD's designs also include a buffalo.  It's nice to have a monument -- their leading designs are: Mt. Rushmore w/pheasant, Mt. Rushmore w/buffalo, and Mt. Rushmore w/wheat.  Rounding out their top 5 are a Bison (looks a lot like ND's!) and a pheasant.

Since we didn't get Sioux hunting Bison as even an option, I guess I have to go with Diggler's blank design.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would go with Mt. Rushmore on its own.