SiouxSports.com Forum

Internet Audio

sprig

http://www.siouxsports.com/football.php

There is a link to CWU announcers about 3 lines down on the page.  It works..I'm listening in AL right now.

What program are you using? I downloaded RealAudio, and it downloaded some new software to play the game, but then it ends up not being able to load it.

Edit: I meant I got RealPlayer and it won't play that program.

Edited by cheeringsiouxfromsmoggycali

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What program are you using? I downloaded RealAudio, and it downloaded some new software to play the game, but then it ends up not being able to load it.

Edit: I meant I got RealPlayer and it won't play that program.

Same here; there may be a user limit that has been reached. I can't connect to the CWU link either.

maybe clearchannel is trying to squeeze a few bucks out of this....the prececent has been set!!!...gimme an R...gimme an E...gimme an A!! This should have been a lot easier given the alumni Assoc. reaction to hundreds of e-mails....I'll get back to you with the real deal...(hopefully NOT on the CWU radion station...)

UND football games now available via internet audiocast

9/13/2004

GRAND FORKS, N.D.--Radio broadcasts of UND football games can be heard on www.fightingsioux.com beginning with UND's Sept. 25 game at Augustana.

Mark Rudolph, University of North Dakota Assistant Athletic Director, issued the following statement regarding UND's football audiocast service:

Dear Fans,

Because of technical difficulties with our programming, we were not able to provide you a link to our first three home football games. We apologize for this inconvenience. We have made the necessary adjustments and will be providing audio gameday internet broadcasting for the remainder of the football season, starting with the Augustana game on Saturday, Sept. 25.

Please join us for the same coverage during our men's hockey and men's and women's basketball games.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Mark R. Rudolph

Assistant Athletic Director

Fighting Sioux Club Director

Does everything really need to be a conspiracy?

I don't think its a conspiracy I would just like to know why we aren't getting any strait answers. Go down the line and look at every small college in Nodak, I think you will find that they have free audio for their games. I would be very surprised if any school that same size as UND didn't offer it.

Alot of Bison fans raised a stink about charging for the internet, but I didn't mind at all. It was horrible last year, buffering about every five minutes and reaching server capacity so you couldn't log on at all. I've only listened to the Valpo game this year but in three quarters of listening it buffered only once, so it seems like they actually did spend money in upgrading the server. I've never seen dataflix, but from reading the posts it sounds pretty worthless, is that correct?

I've never seen dataflix, but from reading the posts it sounds pretty worthless, is that correct?

It's good when it works well.

Seemed they had the bugs worked out last season and many who paid for it got good results.

There have been lots of problems with it starting out this year, however.

I actually ordered Dataflix for the NDSU/UND basketball games last year- it wasn't like watching on TV but it only bufferred a few times and I would order it again if the oppurtunity arose. During halftime of the BB game however they piped in the UND/Wisconsin hockey game- and I thought the video quality of the BB game was much better than that of the hockey game- probably because of the setup they have in the Ralph. Now, if I can only get off the REA mailing list- they send me about 3 emails a week and there is no way to "unsubscribe" they have text which says click here to unsubscribe but it is not an operable link :p:love: