SiouxSports.com Forum

Internet Audio

sprig

Email from the alumni org concerning internet audio for Sioux sports:

I've been trying to find out who is responsible for this at athletics now. As I may have mentioned, the person who was doing this is no longer there and he has not been replaced. The critical parts of his job have been divided up, but those considered not as critical have not.

I'm being told that they may no longer offer this service. The person I spoke with is going to talk to Roger Thomas and see if they can't make a decision on this quickly. We need to get the word out to everyone if this won't be offered.

I'll keep you posted if I hear anything. And if we do, we'll make sure to get it on the web page so everyone is aware of the decision.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I strongly recommend that everyone send e-mail messages to Tim O'Keefe and Roger Thomas. They should be positive messages about how important this service is to us and and hundreds of other alumni and fans nationwide.

This will get their attention and will likely get some results.

timo@undalumni.org

roger.thomas@mail/UND.nodak.edu

I strongly recommend that everyone send e-mail messages to Tim O'Keefe and Roger Thomas. They should be positive messages about how important this service is to us and and hundreds of other alumni and fans nationwide.

This will get their attention and will likely get some results.

timo@undalumni.org

roger.thomas@mail/UND.nodak.edu

Try THOUSANDS. Are we going to have to listen to the opponent's broadcast team? I agree everyone who utilizes the audio broadcasts to email Tim O'Keefe and Roger Thomas and indicate how important it is to keep alumni and fans up to speed with the university. In this day of the internet, a Sioux fan should be able to listen to the game anywhere in the world.

I am very disappointed to hear about this. I can't believe that they just would let this fade away. Some sioux fans count on this stuff as their way to keep track of UND athletics. Our administration needs to take responsibility and pride in this type of thing. It's one of the many ways that alums stay in touch with UND athletics.

Had this link going earlier and Sioux football was advertised as being on at 12:30 (pregame). Obviously it has not come on as we're getting other clear channel programming. Not sure what's going on, but the NDGFD show, on earlier, announced the Sioux football broadcast.

Assume the 96.1 clear channel station in GF has football on right now?

Can't find a CWU audio link, so we may be out of luck :0

Sounds like someone doesn't have things linked correctly to GF area local clear channel programming (it was working correctly earlier this am)

A Formula 1 racing talk show? Yuck :p