SiouxSports.com Forum

Goalie Future

redwing77

Ok, I know this is a year away but it is never too soon to think of goaltenders to recruit to replace Ziggy's spot. There are two options:

1. Take a walk on. Next year, JPar will be a junior and Lammy a sophomore. That's a young staff all things considered.

2. Recruit a goaltender for his sophomore year above his freshman year.

That being said, I think, if Hakstol opts for #2, he should look at Jimmy Spratt of Sioux City. If UND were to recruit and land Spratt, he will be the first goaltender since Kvalovog to be drafted in the NHL. He would be an older recruit (like Lammy is this year), but he could turn into a quality goalie, or he could go the way of Toby.

Here is Spratt's writeup in Hockeysfuture.com

I could see both options being considered.

Weren't you putting a goalie debate "to bed" in another thread? Where is the thread about who's going to step up in Andy Schneider's place next year? Or how about Matt Jones'? Or Colby Genoway? Or Rory McMahon? ???

Pretty soon we'll be discussing who the best hs hockey player is in North Dakota... :(

Weren't you putting a goalie debate "to bed" in another thread? Where is the thread about who's going to step up in Andy Schneider's place next year? Or how about Matt Jones'? Or Colby Genoway? Or Rory McMahon? ???

Pretty soon we'll be discussing who the best hs hockey player is in North Dakota... :(

Well Said!

I don't see anything wrong with speculating who is filling who's skates for next year. It's Sioux hockey related. I'm sure the wheels in the recruiting department are spinning full bore on this topic right now.

To me, it's a better topic than who's standing with who in line and at what time for tickets.

On to Spratt. Has UND tried recruiting him pretty hard already? Fine goaltender. I watched him play a few times last year. He's quick post to post, anticipates real well, but has a little trouble when the team is down a goal or two. Then he flusters a little. I'm sure I didn't see his best game and he'll improve even greater this year.

Guys

Where is Ziggleman headed. I had heard a rumor that UMD is getting a transfer goalie from UND. Is this Ziggy? Or is he headed somewhere else?

I told you this last week didn't I? Don't you listen? ???

I don't really know, but Duluth would be my guess.

I told you this last week didn't I? Don't you listen? ???

I don't really know, but Duluth would be my guess.

Why Guess!!!!! He is going to UMD!!!!

During the 2005-2006 hockey season you can travel HWY 2 from Grand forks to UMD and watch 3 ND goalie play D1 hockey.

Ziggy must like being a backup.

He will have to sit out 2004 - 2005 and UMd will lose there stud this year.

Cratter a back-up in D-I hockey is not a bad thing!!! He will have a better chance of seeing ice time @ UMD . Cratter you must like your backup role

Kasey Moreland would be great to see here. He's got good side-to-side, quick feet and an awesome glove. He has good stats for Sioux Falls, which is a bad team, high save pct. He sees lots of shots with no defense in front of him ond would excel with a good team. Let's bring a GF goalie here and actually let him play!

Yes - Phil Lamoureux! I am certain that once we all see him play and experience what he can accomplish in net, all these posts on who will mind the net this season and in the future will cease - at least for 4 more years that is.

Phil is still going to have to beat out Jordan then Brandt...

• 2 weeks later...
Kasey Moreland would be great to see here. He's got good side-to-side, quick feet and an awesome glove. He has good stats for Sioux Falls, which is a bad team, high save pct. He sees lots of shots with no defense in front of him ond would excel with a good team. Let's bring a GF goalie here and actually let him play!

Kasey Moreland was released from Sioux Falls........

At least that's the claim his alleged girlfriend is making on a public discussion board.

Stampede Ezboard

Let's see how smart this was:

Ziggy could have either

(a) stayed in GF, redshirted, and been #2 or #3 next year at UND

or

(b) gone to Duluth, have to sit this year, and been #2 or #3 next year at UMD.

I'm not exactly seeing what he gained for himself.

Make sense!!!!! Right on!!!!!

Let's see how smart this was:

Ziggy could have either

(a) stayed in GF, redshirted, and been #2 or #3 next year at UND

or

(b) gone to Duluth, have to sit this year, and been #2 or #3 next year at UMD.

I'm not exactly seeing what he gained for himself.

He'll now be able to party it up without mom or pop dropping in unexpectedly. :D

As well as being able to freely 'entertain' the ladies. :)