SiouxSports.com Forum

Summit Coaches Rank the Jobs

SWSiouxMN

32 minutes ago, Dagger said:

Did the Bison win a national title in 1977. Cab’t even remember that. 

I'm a Bison fan and and did not realize NDSU EVER won a national championship in men's basketball. I really think they are confusing men's and women's BB. I am almost certain UND has had more men's BB success in D2 than NDSU. 

Sather probably didn’t even vote because he hasn’t been around the conference once.

NDSU is such a joke as first in media if they are only counting national TV.  Bet NDSU wishes they had a do over on facilities.

Western Illinois is by far the last school.  Most of the others are packed together.

3 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I'm a Bison fan and and did not realize NDSU EVER won a national championship in men's basketball. I really think they are confusing men's and women's BB. I am almost certain UND has had more men's BB success in D2 than NDSU. 

NDSU definitely did not win a DII championship, and UND did have more DII success. The DII champ in 1977 was Chattanooga.

NDSU - 10 NCC championships, 9 NCAA tournament appearances, NCAA tourney record of 8-8; best finish: regional 3rd place winner(3x).

UND - 18 NCC championships; 19 NCAA tournament appearances; NCAA tourney record of 29-22; best finish: national 3rd place winner(2x) .

3 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

It's small, even compared to the BSA which is small.  I would imagine that's the "complaint."  

Probably more than just that. The facilities category is defined as: "Not just the arena, but also practice facilities, weight room, locker rooms, etc." 

I'm guessing it's the small size of the Betty combined with it being more of a high school configuration rather than a bowl style with a concourse and premium seating. Plus a lack of dedicated basketball practice facilities(shared with VB). I'm also guessing the weight room and locker room could be better as they're a major element of the HPF II project. Don't know if that's enough to really be in 7th place(don't know the Summit facilities well enough to say), but it must be a factor. Or the coaches that were interviewed didn't fully know UND's facilities yet and judged them inaccurately. Hard to know.