SiouxSports.com Forum

Gearheads

Cratter

I love the smell of methanol in the evening,

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/finally-the-green-flag-will-drop-at-river-cities-speedway

Sad to see the impacts of quickly rising costs and inflation on an already expensive activity.  Maybe the oil companies will kick in some extra sponsor dollars.  Perhaps Fufeng could bankroll some teams and get some positive community PR.  I hear Pfizer is having a pretty decent year, too.

Now that spring is finally here, and gas is too expensive to leave town, let’s get out and support these guys and gals!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I love the smell of methanol in the evening,

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/finally-the-green-flag-will-drop-at-river-cities-speedway

Sad to see the impacts of quickly rising costs and inflation on an already expensive activity.  Maybe the oil companies will kick in some extra sponsor dollars.  Perhaps Fufeng could bankroll some teams and get some positive community PR.  I hear Pfizer is having a pretty decent year, too.

Now that spring is finally here, and gas is too expensive to leave town, let’s get out and support these guys and gals!

One of my favorite venues to be at. Next Weekend is the World of Outlaws Noz Energy Drink Sprint Car Series. 

• Upvote 2

Went to my first Nascar race at Kansas a couple weeks ago. 

Accidently snuck into the garage area! :)

The sounds of the engine reminded me of the WoO since it was the closest thing I knew.

It was cool to see Kurt Busch get his first win with Michael Jordan's new team. 

Highly recommend going at least once for everyone's bucket lists!

20220515_120908.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 8/5/2020 at 11:40 PM, Cratter said:

Lost Speedways by Dale Jr on Peacock is a pretty good watch.

First episode he ever did was about North Wilksboro.

Which is now going from an old abandon track to currently being revitalized and being a fan favorite.

It'll be interesting to see if they are able to hold a Nascar cup race there again soon.

On 6/7/2021 at 10:19 PM, Cratter said:

The Crew on Netflix is a good watch.

Race: Bubba Wallace also a good mini docuseries on Netflix.

Formula 1 also has a much watch docuseries on Netflix. Which a lot of people have contributed to the explosive growth of the sport in the USA. I've tried to become a fan but there's isn't much parity and "overtaking" at most tracks is nearly impossible. 

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Cratter said:

Head to Brainerd tomorrow for the NHRA.

It'll be nationally televised (Fox).

Your ticket is a pit pass.

50k people are camping.

Smell the nitro!

Feel the Shockwave as the cars pass you at 300 mph!

Bucketlist!

My advice: don’t breathe the nitro. Anhydrous ammonia is a rose by comparison. It fries your sinuses. 

12 hours ago, FSSD said:

Took my daughter to Jackson MN for the World of Outlaws last year.  She loved it!!

I watched all of the races on Dirtvision this past weekend. This week, they make the trip to River Cities and Red River Valley Speedway. The most wonderful time of the year. I also went to Fergus Falls for the World of Outlaws Late Models in June. 

• Upvote 1

My nephew got an internship this summer working social media for sprint circuit in the Washington/Oregon area.  He is having a blast.  During the school year he calls hockey games (radio and P12 TV) for ASU.  I think he did 5 games this year including the UND/ASU (radio) game in LV.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...