SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (9-13, 3-6) @ Omaha (12-9, 6-2) 2/3 12 PM

SWSiouxMN

Just when we are close we have a dumb turnover and take a dumb shot, that’s the IQ we don’t have

had a williston jr. high coach would call a timeout and say where in our playbook does it say get the ball and do something stupid with it

14 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Jones still can’t beat Omaha since they moved up. And people are laughing at Augusta potentially joining the SL? We can’t beat old NCC foes.

The NCC is long gone.  The fact that you think you should win in the Summit because you did in the NCC  shows your flawed logic.

And no one is laughing at Augustana.  They’ll spend 3 million on BB in DI without FB and Hockey to feed.

3 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

That’s why I don’t get people thinking Augy would make the conference weak, I think we have weakened it already. Need a change.

Aug will spend 2-3 million in BB without the need to feed FB.  They won’t stumble in DI with BB being their primary sport.

What world are you been living no matter what coach we have its going to be under contract and to keep or get new coach to come here requires we pay the going rate. Until this last contract we had we were basically paying less than a lot of Division I schools were paying there assistants. The fact is that hockey and football eats up huge portion of this schools athletic budgets which has shown in other sports and also is reason were down Baseball, Men's and Women's swimming, and Women's hockey and switch conferences to defray some of our travel expenses. Also the thought was when we got in the summit some old rivalries would help in attendance. So far that has not happened and will take more success from programs to get this done. What Berry and his assistants get paid in one year would fund men's basketball coaches for more than 3 years. Und needs to look at getting more fans into the seats especially from the students here.  This I believe would help improve basketball programs by attracting better players and again improve our chances of winning . At the same time they also need to get alumni and boosters involved improving facilities and other things with the program.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, ND-fan said:

What world are you been living no matter what coach we have its going to be under contract and to keep or get new coach to come here requires we pay the going rate. Until this last contract we had we were basically paying less than a lot of Division I schools were paying there assistants. The fact is that hockey and football eats up huge portion of this schools athletic budgets which has shown in other sports and also is reason were down Baseball, Men's and Women's swimming, and Women's hockey and switch conferences to defray some of our travel expenses. Also the thought was when we got in the summit some old rivalries would help in attendance. So far that has not happened and will take more success from programs to get this done. What Berry and his assistants get paid in one year would fund men's basketball coaches for more than 3 years. Und needs to look at getting more fans into the seats especially from the students here.  This I believe would help improve basketball programs by attracting better players and again improve our chances of winning . At the same time they also need to get alumni and boosters involved improving facilities and other things with the program.

Winning puts butts in the seats no matter who is coaching. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ND-fan said:

1) hire young coach with great potential but also affordable for UND 

2) *far more controversial* play more games in the Ralph Engelstad Arena 

10 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I don't think #2 is that controversial, especially if the Summit is going to continue this "play a game every day of the week" concept.

At least one should be done. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I wonder which would be a bigger draw at the Ralph NDSU or SDSU? I would think SDSU would be bigger since they are the top dogs of the SL.