SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (6-6) @ UNI (4-7) 12/22 1PM

SWSiouxMN

UND played well in spurts... but was overwhelmed by a superior opponent. UND wraps up their non-conference schedule today with a clash with a familiar opponent, the UNI Panthers.

It has been a rather couple of lean year for UNI.  Since their last trip in 2015-16 to the NCAAs, they have been around .500 and this year is starting off no better.  UNI was one thought as a mid-major power, but programs around their region have started to take that mantle away from them.  Does that mean bad things are coming for Ben Jacbosen?  Well, looking back at his history, he had a 4 year gap between NCAAs appearances, so it could be one of those situation.  He has some decent young talent that just need to mature before climbing that MVC ladder. 

Key Player: AJ Green (6'4 Freshman)

The hometown kid has had a decent start to his freshman campaign, averaging 15.5 ppg.  However he has recently put up a few clunkers in the scoring department, however he is coming off a 27 point performance against Grand Canyon.  He can shoot it from 3 at a decent clip and is good at the free throw line.  Looks to be your common 2 guard, as he doesn't do a whole lot else right now other than score, but can sneak a decent rebounding game every now and then.  Billy, Marlon, and Cortez will have to look to shut him down.

Milestones:

13 - points that Seales is away from 1000 career points.  If he can get his average today, he would be able to do it in his home state. 

Key Questions

1) Who starts better?  UND or UNI

2) Can UND get the necessary shooting?

3) Can our Iowa players step it up on in their home state?

4) How will Marlon look in Game 2?

The Call:

This appears to be a very winnable game for UND if they play well.   UNI appears ripe for the picking.  Play decent defense and contain Green and you have a good shot.  In fact... I'm going to pick them because... why not! I think they put together their best game of the non-conference season and build that momentum into Summit League Play

UND 77-74

Game is on ESPN+

Just now, UND1983 said:

Are they fukin kidding?  The inbounds play to tie or win the game with 2 secs left hits the backboard.  WTF.

The play before, they couldn't get it inbounds either.  On both plays, we had a bunch of players running around but I didn't see any sort of "play" designed to get the ball inbounds to someone who could immediately shoot.

7 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

The play before, they couldn't get it inbounds either.  On both plays, we had a bunch of players running around but I didn't see any sort of "play" designed to get the ball inbounds to someone who could immediately shoot.

language barrier?   english to croatian problems?

Um pretty sure I saw a play.  Moody started under the hoop and set a screen behind him for Rebraca-  Moody rolled away and cut to the perimeter while Rebraca came down the lane of the screen and was opening up.  Walter did a duck in under the hoop to put 2 of our bigs at the hoop.  Actually, it was there if the pass gets to either of them. 

So there was a play...sorry to disappoint so many, and it wasn’t that far off from coming off either.   I thought it was a good play.  

It was unfortunate it didn’t quite work out.

4 minutes ago, the green team said:

Um pretty sure I saw a play.  Moody started under the hoop and set a screen behind him for Rebraca-  Moody rolled away and cut to the perimeter while Rebraca came down the lane of the screen and was opening up.  Walter did a duck in under the hoop to put 2 of our bigs at the hoop.  Actually, it was there if the pass gets to either of them. 

So there was a play...sorry to disappoint so many, and it wasn’t that far off from coming off either.   I thought it was a good play.  

I will need to watch it again.  

24 minutes ago, the green team said:

The guy threw the ball off the damn backboard.  What in the fuk.....

2 hours ago, the green team said:

we're not really saying that we believe that jones just says "run around and try to get open"...we agree there is a play called but the execution sometimes looks really really ugly.

15 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

I am sure a play was called.

Definitely.  A couple screens were set and Walters was open but the angle of the pass was damn near impossible to complete cause he was going away from the inbounder, across the lane.  Also the guy guarding the inbounder just deflected the pass before that meaning he was an issue.  So the pass needed to be thrown higher than desired, hence hitting the backboard.

Let's all remember that this UNI team is awful, too.  Probably the worst Jacobson has had in a long time.