SiouxSports.com Forum

Dave Hakstol out with the Flyers

rhenry8439

Where does Hakstol go next?   

36 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Hakstol go next?

• NCAA
    • NHL

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/25559512/philadelphia-flyers-fire-dave-hakstol-scott-gordon-serve-interim-coach

Now that Hakstol is on the job hunt where does he go from here? Does he get another NHL gig? Does he come back to college hockey where he had a good amount of success? If he goes down the college coaching road again, where does he take over?

He is well respected and well connected throughout the hockey world.  He may come up with a lot better city to live in than Philly.  I have watched these Flyers since Hak has been there and I think a few of their supposedly big stars have been gutless over the years, as evidenced by the lack of much remorse over Hak taking the fall for their poor play this year.

8 minutes ago, dden3 said:

He is well respected and well connected throughout the hockey world.  He may come up with a lot better city to live in than Philly.  I have watched these Flyers since Hak has been there and I think a few of their supposedly big stars have been gutless over the years, as evidenced by the lack of much remorse over Hak taking the fall for their poor play this year.

Yeah, you usually can't sit the stars if they aren't playing up to expectations like you can in college.   When Hakstol did that, he was crucified by the fans for sitting Gostisbehere.  Turns out he became a better player when he was more responsible defensively.  The thing is, if the stars don't want to play, it is hard to get much accomplished, and oh yeah, having a major league goalie could help as well.  

He noted almost immediately after accepting the job that the pace of being an NHL bench boss was going to take a lot of adjustment, but it seemed to have come pretty quick for him. Don't think he had much of a choice on that front. He had access to the highest level everything for three years and that's what he knows now. This is one of so many grand assets that a college team would have bringing him back in maximizing time during the week between practices and workouts.