SiouxSports.com Forum

Dean Blais

Siouxhockey03

Jloos - "Gino leaving on good terms!!" I don't think you are remembering that situation correctly!

I agree with your point but not that statement.

Your right, I wasn't old enough to understand the entire situation. Gino did leave after some bad seasons, but he seemed to leave gracefully. He has always spoke highly of DB and doesn't seem to hold a grudge. I don't remember the situation when it occurred, was there some bad blood? I could see Gino being upset, after turning down an NHL head coaching position I'm sure he thought he was set for a long time.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will stafford leave too, i dont think Dean made a recommendation to administration since they didnt know he was leaving either, just like the team did not know, only 2 coaches knew he was leaving on Wed...

Whoever gets the job. hakstol or berry.. the team is in good hands regardless of which one gets the job.

Do we know for sure that the Admin didn't know he was leaving? Whether Dean and Roger were having some problems or not, Dean should have been classy enough to inform Roger. It would have been for the benefit of the program for Admin to know to start making some decisions. I am sure Dean still cares about the program!

Sign Davey up today. No downside. None. History tells us this, and history will again tell us this. Nary miss a bit on the Road to Columbus by signing Davey. Any one else will create turmoil, turf wars, and undue strife.

If Bo goes, he goes. I, for one among many, think that he will stay. Big fish in little pond better than little fish in big pond.

Money get better later on. Besides, Bo knows that he has a number of skills on which he still needs to work before taking his already solid game to the proverbial "next level."

Bo may only be playing this card, if he is playing it at all, to suggest that he may fly if someone from outside is brought inside to coach da kids.

I suppose it's completely plausible that Ottawa has been talking about BB but I sincerely doubt it. This and other rumor mills most likely would've leaked something. Where does Hennessy or anyone else think BB is going to go?

And yes Hennessy did predict ZP leaving but was also somewhat surprised about it when the reality came. Dream on if you think DS is going to be picked and then signed the next day.

Weirder things have happened but if DS and BB are signed up right now, the NHL will have shown us once again that it has serious problems.

What else is he going to do? There won't be an NHL season.

You would think Blais would have considered that b/4 leaving for Columbus.

(Btw, can it be considered a "promotion" to leave any place for Columbus? Just curious.)

If he did consider it, I suspect that those in the know have expressed their opinion that there will be an NHL season. Otherwise he left a great job for a non-job.

RE: BB, are we suggesting he'd leave b/c Blais left? If so, what does that say about Hakstol?

shep

You would think Blais would have considered that b/4 leaving for Columbus.

(Btw, can it be considered a "promotion" to leave any place for Columbus? Just curious.)

If he did consider it, I suspect that those in the know have expressed their opinion that there will be an NHL season. Otherwise he left a great job for a non-job.

RE: BB, are we suggesting he'd leave b/c Blais left? If so, what does that say about Hakstol?

shep

It doesnt matter if there is an NHL season or not. The coach still gets paid

I feel as if the rug has been pulled out from underneath me. I have already started calling gopher fans so I can take the heckling head on rather have it lingering through out the summer. First Parise and then Blaise and now we are hearing Bochenski might be out of here too? I second the drink comment.

I feel as if the rug has been pulled out from underneath me. I have already started calling gopher fans so I can take the heckling head on rather have it lingering through out the summer. First Parise and then Blaise and now we are hearing Bochenski might be out of here too? I second the drink comment.

Easy there Ghost. Come down off that ledge, along with a small handful of you other fans. A great team and a great program do not two or three guys make.

We loose ZP. Dean-o. Even Bo. The glass is still half full, not half empty.

We have a huge nucleus of solid players returning. Don't sell them short. They'll be knocking on the door, with or without the departing crowd.

Tell your idiot Gopher fans that all college hockey folks - be they players or coaches - aspire to the NHL. There is no need to give us flack over our recent successes on that level.

It doesnt matter if there is an NHL season or not. The coach still gets paid

That explains it! DB knows there will not be an NHL next season. UND is going to act like he's leaving, but drag their feet hiring a new coach. Then in August it will officially be announced that there will be a lock-out/strike. UND announces since DB has nothing better to do he will be back to coach the Sioux and WJ team. The whole time drawing two salaries, getting paid $250K for doing nothing in Columbus plus his UND salary. At the end of next season he announces he resigns as associate head coach in Columbus drawing a nice severance package. I knew the man was a genious. :D