• Tampa
    • Toronto
    • Philly
    • Other

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are your favorate team, so why wouldn't you cheer for them? Would a Red Sox's fan cheer for the Yankee's because they got a better chance of winning it all? HELL NO!!!! You cheer with your heart, not with your head man. :sad:

I should have clarified...any reasons why they will win and not reasons to cheer for them...

And nobody should ever cheer for the Yankees....ever. That is just wrong.

Yes I agree cheering for the Yankees is definately the wrong thing to do. However I not only cheer with my heart but with my brain. I obviously want my beloved Red Wings to win it all again, but I honestly think they can and will do it too based on their reputation, talent, depth, chemistry, intimidation factors, etc.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS, HAVE A GREAT SUMMER EVERYONE

GO PISTONS, GO TIGERS, GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!

OOT

not a chance, and I'll eat my hat if I'm wrong.

Both have a chance to come back. Being optimistic I think that Toronto can fight their way back.

Though the Avs are probably easier to claim comeback rights, I still hope the Sharks embarrass the Avs.

And the Sharks have problems with Detroit. For Detroit, it isn't as cut and dry as it was two seasons ago. They're going to have to fight their way to the finals.

Tampa looks too damn good not to say they will make the finals.

;) Every damn team I cheered for this year has lost when it mattered. From my high school hockey team in the section championships to SCSU in the regular season to UND in the Final Five and NCAA's to the recent Avalanche fiasco... ugh.

I'm ready to hang a Devils pennant and plaster Gopher symbols on my car.

...okay, maybe I won't go THAT far. :sad:

Once Colorado gets eliminated, I'll cheer for Calgary, I think.

Elizabeth

Not to be a whiner-- I know the Avs haven't played the best in this series-- but that call on Forsberg for goalie interference was a load of crap, and then the Sharks ram Aebischer and don't get called? The officiating was terrible tonight.

Elizabeth

Interesting note: This game was the Avs best game of the playoffs. Bar none. Aebisher actually played decently and their dfense actually showed up. The goal WAS a fluke. HOWEVER, once again Nabakov was unbelievable. I think Forsberg is getting upset too easily because of recent shady calls and the fact that he's being humiliated nightly by Nabakov.

Anyone know Colorado's regular season record vs the Sharks for this season?

Interesting note: This game was the Avs best game of the playoffs. Bar none. Aebisher actually played decently and their dfense actually showed up. The goal WAS a fluke. HOWEVER, once again Nabakov was unbelievable. I think Forsberg is getting upset too easily because of recent shady calls and the fact that he's being humiliated nightly by Nabakov.

Anyone know Colorado's regular season record vs the Sharks for this season?

Colorado is done stick a fork in them.

Not to be a whiner-- I know the Avs haven't played the best in this series-- but that call on Forsberg for goalie interference was a load of crap, and then the Sharks ram Aebischer and don't get called? The officiating was terrible tonight.

Elizabeth

The officiating was consistant...not good, but consistant. I didn't see either play, so I can't comment on them.

izzi...your "whinning" isn't even close to as bad as what I saw on the Avs board. Or by Woody Paige for that matter. But we all know how much of a hockey guru Paige is, the flippin dolt :sad:

I think Colorado wins on Wednesday...but it would be oh so sweet for the Avs to lose at The Can (as Paige so eloquently refers to it) for the 2nd year in a row. ;)

you all are right on the Forsberg penalty and then the no call later, those were both a bunch of crap. it does seem that he's having a lit'l karma come back

I'm no pumpkinbeater, but the scoreboard shows two for everytime the ball goes in off the backboard. watch sportscenter today, to say that the goal was a fluke is far, far, from the truth.

San Jose is the best team in the West! Aside from that, they are outplaying Colorado. Detroit might not even beat Calgary, although I still think they will. SJ is a young team with tons of speed and just as much talent. Nabokov has been the biggest difference, he's gotten into the heads of the Av's players and they just can't beat him.

Philly is my pick to win it all, but they are gonna have to beat TB first, which will prove to be quite a task. Last night I really saw a resiliancy in TB that makes them especially dangerous in the playoffs. CLUTCH!!! I think Philly has what it takes to get the job done. Goaltending has been stellar, they are scoring timely goals, and they already beat the defending champs!! I'm probably going to say...Philly over SJ in 6!! Go Roenick!!

San Jose is the best team in the West! Aside from that, they are outplaying Colorado. Detroit might not even beat Calgary, although I still think they will. SJ is a young team with tons of speed and just as much talent. Nabokov has been the biggest difference, he's gotten into the heads of the Av's players and they just can't beat him.

Philly is my pick to win it all, but they are gonna have to beat TB first, which will prove to be quite a task. Last night I really saw a resiliancy in TB that makes them especially dangerous in the playoffs. CLUTCH!!! I think Philly has what it takes to get the job done. Goaltending has been stellar, they are scoring timely goals, and they already beat the defending champs!! I'm probably going to say...Philly over SJ in 6!! Go Roenick!!

did i say that out loud?

oh, no SPG said it.

good call, couldn't agree more

Mmm, well at least Calgary won last night. That made me happy.

I wish Philly would win, but I don't see them beating Tampa Bay. Call me crazy, but I think we're looking at Tampa Bay versus the winner of the Calgary/Detroit series for the Cup. (My gut tells me Detroit, I'd still love to see the Flames.)

I'll be here tonight admitting bitter defeat after Colorado gets thrashed. ;)

Elizabeth

I agree with points in this statement. San Jose is VERY good. In fact, they are much better than EVERYONE thought. Can we say Anaheim? No, not really. Giguere is a good goalie, but not as good as Nabakov. For long term goaltending, I'd choose Nabakov over Giguere. They will take out Colorado. I'm not going to predict a sweep though, even if Colorado isn't playing like they belong in the playoffs.

Tampa will go to the finals. I still maintain that Esche can be beat. Instead of Nabakov or Aebisher, Esche definitely is the Giguere of 2004, so that's going good for Philly. Tampa has in chemistry what Philly has in star power. Even JR cannot make me root for Philly. Sorry.

Detroit and Calgary will be the only series, I feel, that will see more than 5 games this round. Calgary is playing as well as Detroit is, even with a diminished defensive corps. They got under Joseph's skin last night. If they can continue to keep playmakers like Datsyuk, Hull, Yzerman, and Zetterberg off the board, it could mean trouble. Of course, even with all those going scoreless, you still have to worry about Holmstrom, Shanahan, Lang, Lidstrom, and even Draper (24 goals this season! WOW. Not bad for a defensive forward)

I would like to see the flames to come out of the west but im not sure if they have it in them.that would be cool. In the East i dont know if any one will beat the lightning, but i like how fast the lightning are. and st.louis is fun to watch

I'd like to think far more college hockey fans would be interested in Tampa because of St. Louis. He's finally giving college hockey some light it needs to grow. Turning GM heads towards colleges is good for the sport. St. Louis was not drafted, wasn't really supposed to make it in the NHL (5'10" is the tallest I've seen him listed, most list him at 5'9") and now he's doing great.

The Lightening were down and out for so long it's nice to see them beating everyone up.

All I can say is that it was amusing to watch the Avs after scoring last night in OT. It's like they won admittance to the finals. Fact is, they staved off the end of the season for one more game. WOW, I'm happy for them. Needless to say, to have a shutout streak in the playoffs against a perenial powerhouse like Colorado is pretty damn impressive if you ask me. Nabakov IS the goaltender of this year's playoffs.

And it looks like the Leafs are temporarily back into this one as Tucker, Kilger, and Domi found the back of the twine against the one known as Esche. I knew he could be beat. Interestly enough, he got beat by two of the cheapest players in the NHL who also aren't known for their scoring. Especially Domi. Way to be a brick wall.

Sharks and Lightening win for sure. Detroit/Calgary will be a battle. Leafs/Flyers will simply be a war. If you can get a puck past Esche and keep the Flyers to two goals or less, you can beat them.