• Tampa
    • Toronto
    • Philly
    • Other

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking back all I can say this run for the cup was one hell of a ride. You have to agree that the Tampa Bay Lighting have come along way. Who have though this when the team was form back in 1990 that in less than 15 years they would have won the cup. Now with that said, this series that has just been completed (please forgive me for my lousy spelling) it was one hell of a series. Everyone who either watch the series on either TV or live did get there money's worth. All I can is that if there is a work stopage like I have been hearing & I hope that doesn't happen but if it does at least there's "UND FIGHTIN SIOUX HOCKEY." Also I would like to give a special congrats to Calgary for giving us on hell of a series. Better yet thank both teams for giving us one hell of a series.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

As bad as I feel for Commie, I feel for Rhett Warrener.

Why?

He played for Buffalo against Dallas in the Cup Finals when Hull scored a goal that wouldn't have been a goal during any other game that season. (They had waived off a ton of similar goals during that season after video reviews. They didn't that time.)

This time, in Game 6, the puck off of Warrener's teammate Martin Gelinas' skate wasn't (it seems) properly reviewed at the time. A review of that may have made it 3-2 Calgary.

I said a few days ago that Sutter screwed up the team chemistry when he pulled Commie for Lydman...the icing was that Lydman played like a guy that hadn't played for six weeks. Sure, he came out steaming, but he tapered off and played like a turd in games six and seven...he turned the puck over two or three times and got pinched a few times too.

I'm sure he's great, but he wasn't ready to step back in, especially at such a critical time. The chemistry and mood of the series was already was ahead of him - it'd be like joining a group of friends who've been partying for four or five hours and you're on your first beer...

So here's to Commodore becoming a superstar on someone else's team...Good luck Mike and I hope that your attitude and work ethic are rewarded soon.

They did do their job...replay was inconclusive. ABC showed an animation that showed how it was possible the puck was not in...

While I think the puck was entirely across the line, the goalie made it way to close to call. What I didn't like was the lack of review. It reminded me too much of the horrible Dallas/Buffalo fiasco.

It's too bad, Tampa will be back, I don't think Calgary will be. It would have been very nice to see them win.