SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

jdub27

1 minute ago, SiouxVolley said:

Why does the REA Trust get 52% of ticket revenue for football?

That seems totally egricious, as it limits how much fb can bring in to UND.

MBB, WBB, and VB need the REA facilities.  FB doesn’t get helped in the least.  The REA may market fb a little bit, but not a 52% share.

If Kennedy is trying to get the FB share down, all the more power to him.

100% agree. 

Just now, moser53 said:
29 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

No he did not. It still exists and is thriving.  What planet are you living on?

It was cut in 2008 Hammersmsith started the thread. Maybe  restarted. Earth

3 minutes ago, moser53 said:

It was cut in 2008 Hammersmsith started the thread. Maybe  restarted. Earth

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/4019488-bottom-line

Programs that have stopped accepting new students are the doctorate in communication sciences

if this is what you are talking about this was in 2016 and it was Ed Schafer, not Kelley.

8 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/4019488-bottom-line

Programs that have stopped accepting new students are the doctorate in communication sciences

if this is what you are talking about this was in 2016 and it was Ed Schafer, not Kelley.

No page 2  Community forum. Communication School to be cut 2008 

20 minutes ago, moser53 said:

No page 2  Community forum. Communication School to be cut 2008 

Majors were not cut.  The Commication School was dismembered and it’s parts brought under different schools as the leadership was so commicatively dysfunctional.

4 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Majors were not cut.  The Commication School was dismembered and it’s parts brought under different schools as the leadership was so commicatively disfunctional.

Stoned first

9 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Majors were not cut.  The Commication School was dismembered and it’s parts brought under different schools as the leadership was so commicatively dysfunctional.

Who do I believe someone who has done nothing but make cuts. Or a family who has done nothing but give? Eye wash would help.

• Downvote 2

7 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Trust me. He's far from a bully. If we are going to start a narrative, let's make sure we are darn sure of what we are talking about and not relaying second third hand garbage from the scamps at the Cenex coffee klatch.

You seem to be somewhat in the know so I am guessing you work at UND. Well, I work there too and I work with faculty and students every day. I can tell you this president is viewed very poorly. There will be a vote of no confidence coming down at some point. You just wait. There is a right way to do things and a wrong way and this president just doesn’t get it. He is out of his wheelhouse. He needs to go back to the business world. The UCF debacle hurt him more than you or him know. It has nothing to do with him being wanted by a bigger university. We may not be a desired location for many but if you come here we do expect you to be loyal. When that loyalty is broken you do not get it back. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, ticklethetwine said:

You seem to be somewhat in the know so I am guessing you work at UND. Well, I work there too and I work with faculty and students every day. I can tell you this president is viewed very poorly. There will be a vote of no confidence coming down at some point. You just wait. There is a right way to do things and a wrong way and this president just doesn’t get it. He is out of his wheelhouse. He needs to go back to the business world. The UCF debacle hurt him more than you or him know. It has nothing to do with him being wanted by a bigger university. We may not be a desired location for many but if you come here we do expect you to be loyal. When that loyalty is broken you do not get it back. 

Well said......he has his minions but overall you nailed it.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/4444387-ndus-wants-keep-kennedy-engelstad-feud-local-level#.WvTj_8EmyXI.twitter

Tom threw in some of the numbers jdub has mentioned at the end of this article. 

This feels like a money issue on both sides. I am guessing that Kennedy wants to fix some of our budget issues by getting a more favorable contract with REA and REA isn't interested in discussing things. I can't see any other reason why this would get brought public other than about money. The question does need to be asked, how much is the REA foundation profiting off of UND and does Kennedy know something we don't? I am assuming there is more to the story that will come out but that is my take.

Things that come to this are almost always about money.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Csonked Out said:

This feels like a money issue on both sides. I am guessing that Kennedy wants to fix some of our budget issues by getting a more favorable contract with REA and REA isn't interested in discussing things. I can't see any other reason why this would get brought public other than about money. The question does need to be asked, how much is the REA foundation profiting off of UND and does Kennedy know something we don't? I am assuming there is more to the story that will come out but that is my take.

Things that come to this are almost always about money.

I think you're on track here but if it's about money how come Kennedy has rubbed so many donors, besides the Engelstad Foundation, the wrong way? 

1998  110 Million Ralph Engelstad Arena

2007 20 Million to UND for Schlorships

2018  3 Million to GF CVIC

There is probably more I missed

Kris thank you and thank your Family and Foundation for your kindness and generosity.

We all need to be patient as this era will end someday.

• Upvote 1